• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

5.3 Tech - How to make some power

rockbuggy said:
More info on this TKES 450 Hp ls1 Please

It is the same cam Comp grinds for them to use in their 450hp LS1 crate motor. They sent me a set of stock LS6 springs to swap in. I run the MEFI4 controller but they can load the tune in a stock ECU as well. I'm about to fire up another motor I built just like this, it is a great way to make good power for a fairly low cost.

You would be wise to wait until you have your engine spec'd out and you know what the vehicle is going to weigh. Engine torque and vehicle weight have a big effect on when a torque converter stalls. If the stall speed is too high, you'll generate a lot of heat and possibly damage the transmission, stall speed too low, you may pull the idle speed down or not be able to hold the vehicle with the brake. You may save yourself some money and headache by calling TCI or some other converter manufacturer and get their recommendation.
ALLJ said:
www.vincihighperformance.com has reccomended to me on a 6.0 with truck intake this cam spec .585 both sides-214*int 222*ehx duration @ 050" and LSA at 114* with 3* adv $445.00 running stock rockers LS6 valve springs and a stall at around 2600-2800 with all of the other obvious things headders good tune ect ect !!

I like the specs on this cam, should run well.

i have a 6.0 and looking for more power. what supporting mods should i do with out losing the good low end. my motor is the lq4 truck style intake. the only mods i have is block hugger headers and a stand alone tune from howell engineering

knixon804 said:
i have a 6.0 and looking for more power. what supporting mods should i do with out losing the good low end. my motor is the lq4 truck style intake. the only mods i have is block hugger headers and a stand alone tune from howell engineering
Dont know where you are but this guy can fix you right up just done mine same engine www.culverautospecialties.com give him a call Lane Culver 256-882-2450

call Eric Foe in murfreesboro tn. got great power out of mine. he has all the set up to do your tune. cost me 150.00 to do the tune and he can go back later and treak it if neeed be. 615-506-6107.