• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

5th Annual Twin Lakes Snow Run....

The reason I say insured Mike (and Jakob for that matter), is what if...in the event that we can't access the parking up the dirt road due to snow, and said individual is driving that 1/4 mile on the highway to the trailhead from the other lot AND gets pulled over ("License, registration, proof of insurance please...do you know why I pulled you over???" :)haha:)), said individual will get a no insurance ticket ($550 in this state...)...
Do I want to see you up here for this, heck ya!
Do I want to see you get a ticket...heck no...But it IS ultimately your choice...:awesomework:

If that happens, one could just hand them their current insurance card for tow rig/DD/etc... and play dumb as to why the vehicle they're driving isn't listed. Or just tell them you only add it for trips and haven't gotten a current card yet. The only time I've been hassled hard for no insurance was when I didn't have anything to show them, as long as you've got a card you're good to go.

If that happens, one could just hand them their current insurance card for tow rig/DD/etc... and play dumb as to why the vehicle they're driving isn't listed. Or just tell them you only add it for trips and haven't gotten a current card yet. The only time I've been hassled hard for no insurance was when I didn't have anything to show them, as long as you've got a card you're good to go.
or this! :redneck:

My friend Jesse went up today in his FJ40, he said he had a blast. No rain and 1-3ft of snow before he could not get any further. He got passed Yellow Astorbutte, but not all the way to the lakes. Lots of sled tracks though.

As long as you're plated, you'll be fine. The major issue is not being actually caught without a plate, its being caught on the trailer without a plate and them stopping and giving you a stern talking to.

But you have a plate, it doesn't expire til 2014!

For reference, parking is here...

skitch.png

Or you could be like me and say F it and go with no plate :redneck::awesomework: I love getting pulled over when im already loaded on the trailer no big deal:cool:

Yup. I'll be at Chair 9 at 8:30 for breakfast.

Since the parking lot next to Chair 9 is not open for parking, I think we probably should meet everyone at the Ranger Station located just a 1/2 mile down the street at 9am.

Yup. I'll be at Chair 9 at 8:30 for breakfast.

Since the parking lot next to Chair 9 is not open for parking, I think we probably should meet everyone at the Ranger Station located just a 1/2 mile down the street at 9am.

I will be there for breakfast as well, probably come stay at your place the night before actually just cause its easier :awesomework:

I'm trying to get some guys from Military Jeepers to come up too. Not sure if any will, the 160 mile each way drive is not too appealing to most folks down here.

What is the trails like going up to twin lakes? I'm new to wheeling and curious what we even have around here? Any videos I can catch? Also wondering what kind of wheeling it is in general...?

Where is it? directions? I have a 2001 Ram 1500 on 33" MT's, Can I do it? (I'd hit is with a buddy or two tho...)