• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

6.0 Horsepower upgrades?

Cole said:
SpeedSouth in Pelham
http://www.speedsouth.com/home

Also Joe had Hesco tune the Supercharged motor I sold him
http://www.hesco.us/

Yeah I remember Joe had a good experience with HESCO, I may try it out.

Also to add to this thread, beware that when swapping Car Intake to a truck it is not always a simple bolt on. I have an 06 motor, which has the good WP with the neck that is not in the way. But we tried to bolt down the intake and it was not even close to working. Idler puller and alt bracket would not clear the TB. Found a few brackets that address this, but unsure if I want to gamble on them and be out the money if they don't work. Also the truck intake bolts will not work on the car intake, so make sure your intake comes with bolts if you buy one.

Also I found the following links for Metric Adapters for Oil Press & Water Temp gauges. My gauges are mechanical, so these should work fine for me:
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/LS-Series-Oil-Pressure-Sender-Adapter,20928.html

Also if you are in the market for a custom made LS wiring harness, Pacific Fabrication has great service and reasonable price. My motor was a hack out from the yard, so they cut all the wiring. I ordered a new harness from PacFab that is a 4 wire hookup and includes a fan wiring for dual fans that is controlled by the ECM.

Matt O. said:
Also if you are in the market for a custom made LS wiring harness, Pacific Fabrication has great service and reasonable price. My motor was a hack out from the yard, so they cut all the wiring. I ordered a new harness from PacFab that is a 4 wire hookup and includes a fan wiring for dual fans that is controlled by the ECM.

Will they also do the computer work Matt? I am about ready to send my computer to Jim's but if they can do it I would rather give my business to them. They were in the pit tent behind me at KOH this year, super nice group of guys.

Yeah I am pretty sure they do it all from ECM tuning, harness work and used and turn key motors. Very nice to the Ultra 4 guys also, they saved me about $200 on the other company I was looking at using for my harness

Jims Performance in MD is also another 1 to consider. He is an all around great guy and did a great job. I got my harness from him and its just awesome. good luck on your search.

Matt O. said:
Also I found the following links for Metric Adapters for Oil Press & Water Temp gauges. My gauges are mechanical, so these should work fine for me:

I retapped my block for 3/8 NPT which uses the same 37/64 bit as a 16mm tap. The major diameters are **** hair close and the NPT ream pics up the excess and you get your seal. Just set the tip of the shopvac at the port as you run the tap in it. Of course use a wrap of teflon or pipedope to backup the seal.

Got the reducer from Lowes in the plumbing dept, just a standard 3/8NPT to 1/8 NPT. It was less than a couple bucks. And to pick up the routing a bit better I got an 1/8 90degree fitting to screw in. I only ran a mechanical gauge for engine break in, then switched back to my installed electrical guages.

Hope that helps somebody.

Posted by: InDaShop
Insert Quote
Quote from: Matt O. on Yesterday at 07:43:47 AM

I retapped my block for 3/8 NPT which uses the same 37/64 bit as a 16mm tap. The major diameters are **** hair close and the NPT ream pics up the excess and you get your seal. Just set the tip of the shopvac at the port as you run the tap in it. Of course use a wrap of teflon or pipedope to backup the seal.

Got the reducer from Lowes in the plumbing dept, just a standard 3/8NPT to 1/8 NPT. It was less than a couple bucks. And to pick up the routing a bit better I got an 1/8 90degree fitting to screw in. I only ran a mechanical gauge for engine break in, then switched back to my installed electrical guages.
I just broke off the electrical one , then your left with a hole that you can thread and wala

Well a couple things have changed. Dad bought a 06 6.0 with 20K on the ticker instead of the 02 6.0 he had with 180k on the ticker and low oil pressure. Also found a set of l92 heads for 550 with 77k miles with brand new yellow valve springs. I made him a offer and he is only about 2 hours from me so hopefully we can meet somewhere istead of shipping. If we get these still will need throttle body and cam.

kid rok said:
I just broke off the electrical one , then your left with a hole that you can thread and wala
yep that works great and cheap. on the water temp i took and threaded the place where the heater hose comes out of the water pump to get the temp from there

matt i used a guy out of b'ham named scott culbert to tune my ta if you want i can look his number up for you

what about that little thing on the driver side down by the oil filter, can it not be used for a place to get an oil pressure reading?

nealcj8 said:
what about that little thing on the driver side down by the oil filter, can it not be used for a place to get an oil pressure reading?
pre cam yes.

Brad, I did the same thing on the last several I've done. easy and cheap

On teh water, I"m going to start tapping the head at the stock spot. I'm tired of messing with a small hole and adatpers.

not really a power qustion, but will the exhaust manifolds interchange? like a driver manifold on both sides? just lookin at different options for a 2 into 1 the easiest way . im being a cheap ass and dont want to buy new block huggers

Latest posts