• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

6.0 or 7.3 in F250?????

muslcr71

looking into buying a f250 4dr 4wd in about two or three months was wondering should i get a 6.0 or go ahead and get the big 7.3?.....just dont want to kick myself in ass later...used for average (pull crawler here and there) not everday pulling...thanx for any info

If you look at 6.0's check to see if it has EGR delete or an aftermarket EGR. If it does not, you need to get in it cheap enough to put that and a different oil cooler on it. I would also check and see if it has the stock FICM (fuel injection control module) on it, they are common to go out also. Heads are also an issue with a 6.0, Man long story short stick with a 7.3 or if you are or know a Good mechanic a 6.0. My 2 cents

Perfect truck would be an 08 f250 with a 5.9 cummins and a allison trans. :****:

I have owned one of the all the big 3.

05' 6.0, 05' 5.9 cummins, now a 07' 6.6L dmax.

6.0 was the biggest piece of **** of them all and the only one of the 3 I would never buy again.

74_Chevota said:
I have owned one of the all the big 3.

05' 6.0, 05' 5.7 cummins, now a 07' 6.6L dmax.

6.0 was the biggest piece of **** of them all and the only one of the 3 I would never buy again.

Was the 05' 5.7 cummins a special order? :dunno:
Never seen one of them.

I have a 7.3 with dp tuner and I love it plenty of power when towing and driving it gets about 14mpg which isn't bad but I have heard of people getting much better numbers with a 6.0 also the 6.0 has a lot of bad rep but it isn't a bad motor if the heads and egr issues are taken care of just my opinion. Also the 7.3 are getting expensive you can buy a lot more truck and a lot newer with the 6.0 if you are leaning more for towing I would say 7.3

Not to get off topic or stir up some **** but what is everyone's love affair with the 5.9 I drive one everyday as a work truck and hate it maybe I have a weak one but if feels strained and get poor economy there is no comparison in my mind that the 5.9 could compete in except for durability also before anyone tears into this the truck is a 94 dodge 3500 12 valve 5.9 drw auto tranny just rebuilt and had the pump turned up on motor