• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

6.7 Cummins

Hot diggity. I was thinking about this today and wondering if you'd picked it up yet. Nice looking truck.

Thanks, I kept speeding up and then letting off the throttle so that I could listen to the exhaust brake. :cool:

Jaydog said:
Thanks, I kept speeding up and then letting off the throttle so that I could listen to the exhaust brake. :cool:

Where is the exhaust brake control at? I didn't see it on the stick shift in the interior pic you posted...

TeamJeep said:
Where is the exhaust brake control at? I didn't see it on the stick shift in the interior pic you posted...
you can have a switch anywhere you want it. They even have wireless setups for them.

Lucky Jeff said:
you can have a switch anywhere you want it. They even have wireless setups for them.

Interesting, hadn't heard of the wireless setup... nice.

He mentioned this was a factory option, so I was curious where the factory put the switch...

TeamJeep said:
Interesting, hadn't heard of the wireless setup... nice.

He mentioned this was a factory option, so I was curious where the factory put the switch...

It gets hard wired into the trucks computer... you actualy pull one of the empty pins out of the main input to the computer, and the computer controls when the brakes on and off... But like already said it takes the computer a couple seconds to turn it on and off... well atleast that's the way their hookup on the 2nd gens... haven't seen one hooked up this way on a 3rd gen...

same thing with the delay on my Dad's 05, but the was a dealer installed option, not the factory one. So I am not sure how they work.

TeamJeep said:

It's the lone button below the heater/ac controls. It comes standard with all of the 6.7's

A little more info

Here's a little more info on the Turbo and Exhaust Brake:

The new Holset VCT (variable geometry turbo) will provide 24.5 LBS of boost for the new Cummins. It is a water cooled nit that will automatically adjust the swallowing capacity of the exhaust side of the turbo. This should improve performance at all engine speeds while allowing the control needed to improve fuel mileage. This new turbo setup can also work as an engine brake and provide up to 235 lbs of stopping power, compared to about 180 lbs in most aftermarket exhaust brakes. To extend the life of the Holset, the truck computer will have an idle shut down feature with a timer to keep the truck running until temperatures inside the turbo reach safe levels.

well damn that's sweet, I didn't know that was how they were pulling it off now. So when can I get behind the wheel? :clappy:

My father in law bought a new Dodge here few month back he hauls some heavy stuff over the pass and just loves it. My only problem with them is Dodge still has not figured out how to build a tranny. They will last right up to the warranty then poof. Dodge is also famous in recent years for haveing rearend issues, although it's all hear say I don't know anyone that has had that problem.

I dunno about any rearend problems... They have the same rear axle as the Chevy since 2003... And the Tranny's aren't the 47RE anymore either. They still aren't stellar by any means, but not as bad as the 47...

Lucky Jeff said:
I dunno about any rearend problems... They have the same rear axle as the Chevy since 2003... And the Tranny's aren't the 47RE anymore either. They still aren't stellar by any means, but not as bad as the 47...

yeah, haven't heard anything about the rear-ends... Their a pretty good brand...