• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

6 stud knuckle kit

sh*#break

anyone seen the new 6 shooter knuckle from trail-gear.com, and does any one have yet? if so what do you think?

Get 8 ARP studs from frontrange offroad. Properly tighten and buy beer with your saved $

Holy sh!t.

I am humbled. If you fawking make sure yer studs are bottomed out in the knuckle AND make sure that the nuts are torqued correctly every trip out then ya have made the bling ass 6 stud set-up obsolete. Maintain yer rig!

i like this answer. i seem to break my studs once in awhile:rolleyes: ! and was thinking about the 6 stud knuckles.

i believe stealthrunner has them.

Its what all the ftoys that are comp legal are running. Not legal to run 6stud knuckles in the ftoy class and I haven't seen or heard of anyone breaking.

Last seasons Werock promodified winner was running stock toy knuckles with ARP studs with no reported stud breakages.

They are beefy

if I only do one thing before I go wheeling, I check my studs. I've seen hydroassist do some silly stuff to knuckles that weren't tightened. You could always just upgrade to larger d44 knuckle studs too.

if I only do one thing before I go wheeling, I check my studs. I've seen hydroassist do some silly stuff to knuckles that weren't tightened. You could always just upgrade to larger d44 knuckle studs too.

this is the problem.. i do check my stuff out before i go out,and i even will check them mid day of wheelin. kinda always checking stuff out. but i have broken the studs all4 of them twice now in the last year:wtf: .
this last time i kinda pushed it. 1 stud was stripped out so it was my fault. so im gonig to look into the arp studs since this is what seems to be working. got to order another knuckle rebuild kit,and try again. also im getting a nice collection of birfs since the trunion bearing likes to fall apart and make grooves in them.( i keep them for spares,and put in a nice shiny one.)

If your gonna polish something why not go all the way.... Ive got billet 6 stud arms from Marlin and once I can afford it Ill go to the 6 stud knuckles from Marlin and get an even dozen arp studs too. I figure the solid CroMo tierod from bunk and full hydro steering deserves the best I can get ahold of (in the toy world) so thats what its getting.

I am a lazy bastage when it comes to maintnance, hell I ran half the day last weekend with no gear oil in my front diff... Figured out what the squeeking was and put a quart in it.. I check my steering along with everything else when it gets an oil change (twice a year) So I'd guess the extra 2 studs will help things stay put. Funny but Ive never had any steering failures with the knuckles.... Guess Im lucky eh? :haha:

Hey White Trash, you must not of heard about the Marlin/Trail Gear 6 stud knuckle crisis? Marlin will not be selling them, due to Chris Geiger, aka Trail Gear, fubaring Marlin on the deal! And now Trail Gear is banking $ on the knuckles by using "Marlin Designed" to sell the product!

I think you've been away from Marlin's site for too long! :booo:

Hey White Trash, you must not of heard about the Marlin/Trail Gear 6 stud knuckle crisis? Marlin will not be selling them, due to Chris Geiger, aka Trail Gear, fubaring Marlin on the deal! And now Trail Gear is banking $ on the knuckles by using "Marlin Designed" to sell the product!

I think you've been away from Marlin's site for too long! :booo:

you are just bent because your brother's monkey's uncles sister knows a guy who works at MC. :rb:

I think there are a few other people who are pissed at trail gears business actions.

doesn't impact my life at all. My experience with TG has been great. They answer the phones, orders ship quickly, great customer support, and good prices... Wish I could say that about MC.

Marlin is still in business and so is TG. Business is business. To all the cheeseheads out there that bash TG in every related post = :looser: Get over it.

:flipoff:

Listen to you guys talking about brand loyalty and manufacturer politics. True hardcore consumers dont care about anything but the lowest price, pretty soom Walmart will have the 6 holers straight from china :fawkdancesmiley:

doesn't impact my life at all. My experience with TG has been great. They answer the phones, orders ship quickly, great customer support, and good prices... Wish I could say that about MC.

Marlin is still in business and so is TG. Business is business. To all the cheeseheads out there that bash TG in every related post = :looser: Get over it.

:flipoff:

sad but i have had the same experience with marlin vs tg.
everything i have ordered has been thru trail gear not because brand loyalty(they are the same),but customer service, ive tried to order from marlin but there is always some delay or the two days of no one answering the phones. wich pushed me to the next guy that answered and wanted money, plus i am cheap so i try to get more for my buck. cheaper price gets my cash.
also marlin has adds with 6 stud knuckles in them.

$80 for arp studs thru frontrange anyone know of a better deal? 6 stud knuckles realy aint that much more,and those extra studs have got to help alot. what to do?

sad but i have had the same experience with marlin vs tg.
everything i have ordered has been thru trail gear not because brand loyalty(they are the same),but customer service, ive tried to order from marlin but there is always some delay or the two days of no one answering the phones. wich pushed me to the next guy that answered and wanted money, plus i am cheap so i try to get more for my buck. cheaper price gets my cash.
also marlin has adds with 6 stud knuckles in them.

$80 for arp studs thru frontrange anyone know of a better deal? 6 stud knuckles realy aint that much more,and those extra studs have got to help alot. what to do?

I plan to do the 5th stud mod like Bobby used to sell. much more cost efficient....