• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

7.3L Injectors

^^^^ I must have the same issue. All Beans tunes and single shots. starts great. except when that damn glow plug relay doesn't work and its freakn cold.

Yeah after melting my turbo with the TS 6 position, Garmon's shop changed the tuned and it wasn't quite as hot but it ran a lot better.

I've got the Hydra chip coming preset with GearHead tunes to match the single shot injectors.

So in the process of installing these new injectors.

Part of the warranty is I have to write down all serial numbers of the parts they sent me.....

But anyway. 7 of the 8 are almost identical AB1822803c1 - 80307119***. But there is one odd ball AB1825125c2 - 1028040073. I called the vendor and he said he can't do anything because it's Friday night but it should be good to go. If I have any trouble to call him and he will get me straightened out.

The odd ball is stamped IFS and has a QR bar code instead of a traditional bar code.

Am I just being too anal?

If you talked to the guys from unlimited and they told its a go them id trust em, they get a **** ton of cores and just rebuild and mod em. Let us know how much better she runs, ive been contemplating this myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes that's PHP.... I LOVE my PHP tune....

My truck runs like it SHOULD have run from the factory...

It's hard to get perfect linear throttle response from other tuners in my experience.

Many of the other guys really ramp up the throttle response in the first half to give the illusion of more power but that SUX especially with a manual.

My PHP tune is spot on... 10% pedal movement is 10% power etc all the way to WOT

I run Full Force injectors and GearHead tunes- and the 7.3 is alive with power- i usally ride around in Street mode and get decent mpgs-- never see high egts really and with the WW2 that turbo screams!!
the guys at full force are great to work with!

Zjman said:
If you talked to the guys from unlimited and they told its a go them id trust em, they get a **** ton of cores and just rebuild and mod em. Let us know how much better she runs, ive been contemplating this myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After a few hours of my own research I think I settled my own worries. Not too excited that one isn't exactly identical, but it's identical internally so I'll roll with it.
I was working on getting them in, but it has decided to turn into a monsoon. As soon as it blows over I'll finish it up.

Are the DT injectors the same as a 7.3. I had a DT 444 (industrial 7.3) had a DT 466. Everybody said the DT 570 injectors would work without a tune. they would give it more power because the bore was bigger not because of a longer stroke. According to what I've read, the 444, 466, 530 and 570 would fit each other. If that's the case, the 570 will fit the 7.3. Maybe?

halcat said:
Are the DT injectors the same as a 7.3. I had a DT 444 (industrial 7.3) had a DT 466. Everybody said the DT 570 injectors would work without a tune. they would give it more power because the bore was bigger not because of a longer stroke. According to what I've read, the 444, 466, 530 and 570 would fit each other. If that's the case, the 570 will fit the 7.3. Maybe?

I briefly read something on this. I think the DT injectors were B* coded injectors. And sounds like that is what basically "high performance" injectors consist of, just rebuilt with the B* parts as they are larger. The tuning is to go from a split shot to a single shot, something like a 1 degree difference on the timing.

I got my stuff in and all buttoned up. Went for a drive around and about 4 miles in the check engine light came up and the truck started running like ****. Throwing code P1316, which usually points to UCVH. Did my own ghetto testing and determined the driver bank isn't firing at all. So that valve cover is about to come off..... again. :gay:

Finally! I'm done with it all. Had to take the driver side valve cover off and do the quarter trick under the tab on the brand new harness... Oh well. She runs like a champ now.

Back to my buggy build.

If these "brand new harnesses" are dorman, do yourself a favor... Put ONLY OEM uvc's in...

The pos dorman's will strand you when you least expect it. I played this game and refused to believe it for a long time....

Finally after pulling my D side vc yet again, this time at 3am in a target parking lot during a NASTY blizzard 500 miles from home I ordered up OEM's from riffraff and whataya know? No more uvc problems going on 3 years...

gottagofast said:
If these "brand new harnesses" are dorman, do yourself a favor... Put ONLY OEM uvc's in...

The pos dorman's will strand you when you least expect it. I played this game and refused to believe it for a long time....

Finally after pulling my D side vc yet again, this time at 3am in a target parking lot during a NASTY blizzard 500 miles from home I ordered up OEM's from riffraff and whataya know? No more uvc problems going on 3 years...

Well the vendors site doesn't say what brand they are. The boxes are not branded at all, so I'm going to take a gander and say they are probably Dorman. If I have any trouble I'll immediately take your advice for sure. Thanks.

Good luck.... Keep in mind that the pins in the factory harness can get damaged by arcing from poor contact even if you aren't seeing codes or having issues...

I feel for ya and know ur pain... It absolutely SUX to buy new parts and then realize the 20 yr old ones you threw away were better than the new ones.

It took me almost a year to give in and buy the oem harnesses.
Luckily my pins weren't damaged....

Not ALL dorman stuff is bad though... Their bellowed up pipes are great and I highly recommend them.

I have a sticky up on powerstrokenation about them.

True that on the up pipes. My current truck has international up pipes on it that the PO did after a stock one split. I believe my last truck had a problem with the uvch when I thought they were good. I originally did some trouble shooting and figured out I needed GP's which was obvious from hard starts but the injectors all tested good. With it idling at times I could unplug a side and nothing would change but the entire harness tested out good. I had a buddy selling a OBS truck and I borrowed his IDM for a day to see if anything changed and mine was breaking down under load and at idle but was never consistent enough for a new diesel owner to figure out. Ordered a reman IDM and that problem went away. I still had an issue with wot where the truck had a spot in the pedal where after that you're making boost, felt like it was under or over fueling the engine and it wasn't smoking out the back, it just wouldn't go. Similar to the uvch issue. Looking back on it now there was a lot of carbon build up in those connectors to the uvch that I didn't think about at the time. After seeing how it effects certain machines and pieces of equipment at work it only makes sense that could have been an issue too with the way the electrical part of the injection system works with whatever that higher voltage DC is from the IDM arcing and pitting the pins of the connector there at the VC. DC contacts wear soooo much faster than AC contacts and it never even occurred to me at the time what could be going on.