• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

7/8 Rod Ends for links??

throttlejunkie

Seen a lot of rigs with smaller, seen a lot of rigs with larger 1''1/4 rod ends. Any input or issue anyone have with a 7/8'' rod end for suspension links?

I beat my rig like a hooker on rufee's, no problems with 7/8" RuffStuff lowers in a 2850lb buggy.

I couldn't keep them from rattling in uppers. I wouldn't put anything smaller than 1.25" in any links. Use 1.25" QA1 or FK and forget about them.

I wouldn't go with anything smaller than 1.25" on lowers. I prefer 1.25" on both but 7/8" would probably work on uppers. All of this depends on what your intentions are with the buggy. :****:

Re:

7/8 uppers here. KOH, V2R, and 2 years of frequent, hard rec wheeling and I think they are finally getting a bit loose.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

crawlin85cj said:
I couldn't keep them from rattling in uppers. I wouldn't put anything smaller than 1.25" in any links. Use 1.25" QA1 or FK and forget about them.
:****: I been thinkin about runnin them in my steering!

I never broke any 3/4" chromo heims till I put rockwells in my buggy , break em every weekend now and switching to 1.25 on lowers, I have never seen nor have I broke a 3/4" upper heim, I built a buggy last winter with 7/8" ruff stuff heims throughout and he hasn't had a failure yet ...but he doesn't beat it either he crawls and picks good lines unlike a crack whore on rufees

Real world beating is the best test, thanks for all the replies. I haven't heard of anyone with 7/8 that had a failure. And looks from what he posted, Travis Lovetts buggy has 7/8 and Im sure if he doesn't have an issue with them I don't see myself breaking one. That thing sees more air time these Georgia flying squirrels!

Re: Re: 7/8 Rod Ends for links??

Good quality being key. The cheap ones bend way too easy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

My buggy is light ! I have run midwest 7/8 chromo's for about 3 years, have 1 that is bent, You might want more on a high HP/ 1 ton rig.

Re:

Glad to see this thread. I'm currently in limbo after talking with some people about what heims to buy now that I'm about to link my front end. I just crawl, no bouncing, but I also don't wanna fall down hard on a rock with a link and jack up the heim. Originally I was gonna use 7/8 x 3/4.....but I'm not so certain of that now after thinking about it. Just a little extra $$ for a lot more piece of mind? Idk yet....looking forward to others chiming in.

When y'all say you run 7/8 heims, are any of you running 7/8 x 3/4 or is it 7/8 x 7/8? And I am going to buy Ruff Stuff heims also.

Josh 3/4 bolt is fine my dads had 1.25 with high misalignment spacers with 3/4 bolt 5600lb rig that has been whooped on once or twice! There is more material on 7/8-3/4

I think if you have a toyota based rig you will have no issues ever with 7/8 Heims , if you do I think there's gonna be a lot more carnage to worry about just my 2 cents