• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

8.1 Liter Vortec mutiport LP injection ????

yota60

I have acquired a 8.1 vortec with multi port LP injection putting in a smith 4 seater chassis and i need to know more about it will the harness be the same as any other 8.1. Any info will be appreciated THANKS.

I would think so since it was only produced for a short time. I have the same motor and used Walden perfrmance in GA to build it and tune it. When i sent them the motor it was in pieces.

The tanks should be the same. Vapor is liquid until it gets to the vaporizer. The only difference should be that you don't have a vaporizer it just goes straight to the injectors.

It should work the same the only thing different should be the tuning of the ecm for propane, I would give it a shot if it were me. just my .02

yota60 said:
O i am thanks.
This 8.1 came out of a Schwans truck it was running on LP. So the tune should already be there or do you have to change the tune after reworking the harness?

The Schwanns trucks use Bi-Phase systems. You will need the ECM that goes with the engine and the harness to connect it all. You will also need the tank and fuel lines to go with it to make it run which may be a problem as those trucks used very large tanks on them. The tank has an internal electric fuel pump. You cannot use a normal propane motor fuel tank with that system.

Let me know what you have and I can help you figure out what you will need. We are a distributor for about six different conversion system manufacturers and have 21 years in the propane conversion business.

Buddy Gamel
Precision Sales & Service, Inc.
451 64th Place South
Birmingham, Ala. 35212

877-403-7827
205-591-2267, fax

[email protected]
[email protected]
www.alternatefuel.com
www.workhorseservice.com

Ditto! We are in the process of redoing one from the lp injection back to gasoline. Swapping injectors ECM and harness. Those Schwanns trucks' harnesses are a beast to get out intact. Especially with the Allison trans behind it.

jayphizzle said:
Ditto! We are in the process of redoing one from the lp injection back to gasoline. Swapping injectors ECM and harness. Those Schwanns trucks' harnesses are a beast to get out intact. Especially with the Allison trans behind it.
Yeah i just got off the phone withal guy at bi-phase technology they do make smaller tanks but i don't think there's one small enuff to fit on a buggie out there. But i want to try something.

Ok Tahell with it not worth it because its liquid propane it is going to act like gasoline get on your side and it will starve fuel pump just like gas so there's no point in spending the money on.