• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

22re fuel injection or propane

Ian Chilcote

Current set up is RCI tank with top outlet to pick up split inside the tank
Problem- acts like maybe sucking air on incline periodically
It has a return also on top. Pump is Jegs online about 5' from tank on frame rail. It is 43psi which so in told is accurate with Toyota required pressure.
Should I try putting supply on bottom of tank to seee if it solves the problem or bite the bullet and just convert to propane? I'm assuming this is the problem but maybe looking looking at it from the wrong angle? Only happens on an incline
Thanks in advance for everyone's advise!

I've always read that a 22re needs 45 psi to run correctly. but I doubt your problem is coming from the pump or the tank. I've had similar problems from a crack in the bottom of the rubber hose that feeds the throttle body. and the Air flow meter on top of the air filter are known for going out and cause tons of weird problems.

Re:

Move your pump closer to the cell, add a loop in the supply line, I put a fuel house in my cell with a weight at the end to drop to the lowest point when climbing or dropping

Rokcrler said:
Move your pump closer to the cell, add a loop in the supply line, I put a fuel house in my cell with a weight at the end to drop to the lowest point when climbing or dropping
What does the loop do, I will be plumbing mine in next couple weeks and any tips would be great and to the op. Check and make sure ur pickup is not turned towards the front of the cell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also put a sumersible fuel hose in mine to pick up fuel on inclines, i misread part of your first post. The loop is an interesting trick, toyota did this with brake lines to keep air from getting in the line.

My AFm is parallel with the length of the buggy instead of perpendicular as it comes from the factory is it possible that on an incline it puts enough resistance on the flap to keep it from opening thus killing the fuel?

Never noticed a difference with it mounted like this

3a18da88e94ed50b533b616918c06526.jpg

I have been tossing the idea of swapping my 22r that currently has propane to the fitech EFI kit. Anyone done this?