• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

81 to 93 budget build

81toycrawler

so i had a cherry 81 yota but couldnt really bring my self to wheel it and i got my hands on a free 93 extended cab. this is wat the truck looked like before

flexy.jpg

now since the cab swap i put in these sweet bump stops off a nissan pathfinder
toyotabuild1002.jpg

home made rear shock hoop
toyotabuild1003.jpg

home made twin sticks for my np205
toyotabuild1008.jpg

and the best thing so far are these bad ass np205 mounts to get rid of the crossmember and take stress of the tranny t case adapter
toyotabuild1006.jpg

toyotabuild1009.jpg

toyotabuild1004.jpg

toyotabuild1011.jpg

to put the cab on i had to make front frame mounts wider and put mount on the frame for the extended cab.
toyotabuild1001.jpg

now for the rear i just picked up a free third gen bed im gonna bob front and rear and dove tail it
toyotabuild1016.jpg

toyotabuild1017.jpg

for suspension i have rears up front and 63's in the rear with 4 1/2 inch shackles all around with a three inch body. on 39.5's so its not really tall but i wanna go lower and i think i have to cut out part of my fire wall and the whole tranny tunnel, does anyone think its worth it to do all that work for just three inches. let me know wat you think thanks

so i had a cherry 81 yota but couldnt really bring my self to wheel it and i got my hands on a free 93 extended cab. this is wat the truck looked like before

and the best thing so far are these bad ass np205 mounts to get rid of the crossmember and take stress of the tranny t case adapter
toyotabuild1006.jpg

:rolleyes: Nice booger welds :haha:

Option (1) Put the truck back the way you had it to begin with. 1st gens are and always will be the true O.G. cool ****:cool:

Option (2) Do whatever it takes to get rid of the body lift:redneck:

Last edited:
thats the speedo cable just sitting there not hooked up yet:fawkdancesmiley: oh and ricky any of my so called booger welds will still out last yours any day at least mine dont look like turkey ****:kissmybutt: lol
as for the cab swap pix didnt have a camera ready at the time it was on and done pretty quick. thanks for the input

thats the speedo cable just sitting there not hooked up yet:fawkdancesmiley: oh and ricky any of my so called booger welds will still out last yours any day at least mine dont look like turkey ****:kissmybutt: lol
as for the cab swap pix didnt have a camera ready at the time it was on and done pretty quick. thanks for the input

:redneck::haha: oh ya thats what i ment.. anyways looks like it's been rubbin yer exhaust for some time

sweet rig:beer:

Are you putting the tube bed back on it? What did you do with the 81 cab? looks like you are about ready for a wheeling trip. :awesomework:

So you think, you have not even gotten into a shakedown run :looser:
Looks like you used a car battery and coat hanger to weld those up :fawkdancesmiley:

toyotabuild1006.jpg

Ok back on topic......Howcome you put a washer under the one bolt on the left but not the other bolt on this mount? and what is with the gap under the plate between the mount & the T-case?

Are you putting the tube bed back on it? What did you do with the 81 cab? looks like you are about ready for a wheeling trip. :awesomework:
i sold the bed and cab a couple months back. i just picked up a third gen bed for free that in gonna bob front and rear and dove the back

So you think, you have not even gotten into a shakedown run :looser:
Looks like you used a car battery and coat hanger to weld those up :fawkdancesmiley:
i did a little shack down the other day and my damn starter went out lol

Ok back on topic......Howcome you put a washer under the one bolt on the left but not the other bolt on this mount? and what is with the gap under the plate between the mount & the T-case?

as for the bolt with washer and the one with out im sure theres a perfectly good explaination but i cant remember:fawkdancesmiley: or it was those or im starting to think is was those toyota gremlins who wreck toyota's with there diabolical sabatoge just like bugs bunny said:fawkdancesmiley:

some what of an update. did shake down run at my buddy's house, my clutch started bleeding out after a few minutes and wouldnt let me shift, but i think it was because of the pedal adjustment so i fixed that. then the started went out :mad: so yesturday i put in a new starter and the put in a better bolt for my twin sticks because it started to back out. and finished painting my cab.

so on my truck i had some 8 lug wheel spacers up front to clear my hummer bead locks but i had to give them back to my buddy. so does any one have any they want to sell or is there any trick to make the hummers fit on a dana44.

[/QUOTE]so does any one have any they want to sell or is there any trick to make the hummers fit on a dana44.[/QUOTE]

Thought you were broke??:eeek:

i am broke i was just seeing dude but looks like i dont have to worry about it now
hey ricky did you do your shackle reversal yet

Last edited:
I need to get the other front leaf spring mount cut off so i can get some new ones made on the water jet at work. my air compressor went tits up on me but once i get it fixed i will continue on. maybe ill get around to posting some pictures of my junk:cool: