• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

8274 parts

Bill

I have an old 8274 that needs parts...searched warn on line and my model number isn't there....I need a motor, the free spool lever assembly and solenoid assembly....where do you guys buy this stuff?
mine says 8403 for the part number and 170324 for a serial number....

I have an old 8274 that needs parts...searched warn on line and my model number isn't there....I need a motor, the free spool lever assembly and solenoid assembly....where do you guys buy this stuff?
mine says 8403 for the part number and 170324 for a serial number....

Wrong section! :rolleyes:

Genaral tech talk !

well if I knew what I was talking about it would be tech....at this point it is chit chat

it's ok that you pad your post count though :awesomework:

Wait a second let me get this straight You don't know what your talking about so its chit chat, But you post it in the garage?

And about the post pad check my daily post count before you talk that kind of ****! Go to my profile and click on statistics And you have to remember these 2 post will efect the count!

A modarator will come along shortly and move this for you and I'll give you one guess where its going to end up!

Wait a second let me get this straight You don't know what your talking about so its chit chat, But you post it in the garage?

And about the post pad check my daily post count before you talk that kind of ****! Go to my profile and click on statistics And you have to remember these 2 post will efect the count!

A modarator will come along shortly and move this for you and I'll give you one guess where its going to end up!

all good....when I get home from the VA I will find it where ever it ends up

It has been moved to the right section....Now let's keep it on topic...people make mistakes---
On Topic.....Warn will contact you via email...and will be able to get everything you need partswise for the 8274....:awesomework:

I have used that db for motors before...the trick was the hard parts. I sent Warn an email as instructed....Thanks

I ordered the motor and sent my email to Warn...now
What is the best solenoid?
My current winch runs on those solenoids that have 4 poles (the big ones plus the ground and trigger)
I guess there is an older version that runs 4 of them
any links or info helps
thanks
Bill

less than 3 hours and my motor was shipped! wow was that fast...the notice came with a tracking number

still waiting for a return email about solinoids....upgrade on these is important to me

never knew how bad it was till I looked at the details of solenoids....
typ warn solenoid...90 amp cont. with 150 surge....no wonder I have smoked so many over the years
found some 200 amp cont. with 600 surge that I think I will order up...I am pretty cheap but the g/f says buy and you all know when in a relationship who really runs the show :masturbanana[1]:

http://www.alliedelec.com/search/productdetail.aspx?SKU=5761078#tab=Reviews

576-1078_large.jpg

You appear to be missing a whole bunch of little balls.:eeek:

got two big ones here and then a hand full of little ones in a spray can cap:awesomework:
it is a mess in there...the big gear that drives the drum has some major rust pitting on it too

man.. did that thing get fished out of the bottom of a pond??

well, hopefully you can get the parts you need to fix it back up, I have always like those wenches, hence the reason my jeep still has one on the front...

it has some problems....was used for a parts winch so it was open at the free spool lever (the assembly is missing)
I am making my list of stuff....

never knew how bad it was till I looked at the details of solenoids....
typ warn solenoid...90 amp cont. with 150 surge....no wonder I have smoked so many over the years
found some 200 amp cont. with 600 surge that I think I will order up...I am pretty cheap but the g/f says buy and you all know when in a relationship who really runs the show :masturbanana[1]:

http://www.alliedelec.com/search/productdetail.aspx?SKU=5761078#tab=Reviews

576-1078_large.jpg

I've got some from 12voltguy.com, I think they are 200A continuous.

I'll tell you this much, when wiring up a new pack I accidentally caused a dead short off 2000CA of batteries. The 2/0 cable jumped when the short was created, and it took a try or two before I realized what was happening. the solenoids survived.

Keep in mind, your motor may only have a 35% duty cycle, I know thats what warn's is.

I've got some from 12voltguy.com, I think they are 200A continuous.

I'll tell you this much, when wiring up a new pack I accidentally caused a dead short off 2000CA of batteries. The 2/0 cable jumped when the short was created, and it took a try or two before I realized what was happening. the solenoids survived.

Keep in mind, your motor may only have a 35% duty cycle, I know thats what warn's is.

the cheapy ones have copper for a contact material and the good ones use silver...
I havent ordered mine yet but did check stock with that company that the link goes to and they have them...worried about all this other crap I will need to order for the winch (hard parts from Warn)

add another 259 bucks to the build coming from Warn...
now I have a couple days to spit shine everything