• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

87 toyota 4x4 buildup

Well changed out the leafsprings tonight, for a pair i stole off a buddys truck for the moment it looks to have improved my shackle angel now. Anyone think this looks better now then the pro comp springs? I think its ready to weld and check it out on monday im going to get my ubolts in the mail, so ill throw my axle half way together and lower it back off the stands to check to see if it goes to where it needs to. No more updates untill then i guess cant really do anything else.

Attachments

• upoyitrf,l.jpg
    upoyitrf,l.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 320
Chop's got a good point--I think you should leave the shackle sleeves where they're at, just in case you change to a longer spring...:awesomework:

just a fun fact update for today still waitin to do mock up tomorrow to check shackle length at ride height

one picture is the difference between the size of a 410 ring and a 529 (529 is in the 3rd)

other picture is just assembled 529 (its set to .007 thousandths backlash thanks to zuk for pointing that out

Attachments

• ikrt7l85l,i...jpg
    ikrt7l85l,i...jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 285
  • i30ui9gjh0jgk934j30j.jpg
    i30ui9gjh0jgk934j30j.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 287
after mock up conclusion is move hanger backwords to clear the stearring components of the hy steer and just some poser look a like flex from not having my knuckle on just propped up with my tire lol

Attachments

• djhyjyjdtyhjt.jpg
    djhyjyjdtyhjt.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 246
  • hsrthtrjh.jpg
    hsrthtrjh.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 255
  • htrshytjtyhjnty.jpg
    htrshytjtyhjnty.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 253
  • kldruoiyl,i.jpg
    kldruoiyl,i.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 249
  • kuikfyhusmkykus.jpg
    kuikfyhusmkykus.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 247
continued so its all coming back apart tomorrow in order to move the hanger back to spring perches are flush with stock cross member which should fix shackle angel at ride height and stearring stuff

Attachments

• liioluikol,.jpg
    liioluikol,.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 251
  • mfghkjshjth.jpg
    mfghkjshjth.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 243
  • mjkdudfmuj.jpg
    mjkdudfmuj.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 243
  • sgersgthjrts.jpg
    sgersgthjrts.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 246
continued so its all coming back apart tomorrow in order to move the hanger back to spring perches are flush with stock cross member which should fix shackle angel at ride height and stearring stuff

Why did you take the knuckles apart like that?

if you take off just the felt gaskets on inside of knuckle,and the stearring arms and remove the snap ring on the end of the birfield inside the hub, you dont have to mess with brakes or wheel bearrings you just have to pull one trunion bearring out of the axle ball the other one you can swoop the whole knuckle assembly off of the other trunion

if you take off just the felt gaskets on inside of knuckle,and the stearring arms and remove the snap ring on the end of the birfield inside the hub, you dont have to mess with brakes or wheel bearrings you just have to pull one trunion bearring out of the axle ball the other one you can swoop the whole knuckle assembly off of the other trunion

That is a strange way to do it.

how else does it get done? besides tearring everything apart one by one? just a trick i found out in the garage a couple days ago

haters:masturbanana[1]:

thats the way you do it on the trail just like he said saves so much time and bs:cool: rigs lookin good:beer:

well was totally bored today so i figured id play with some half door ideas i had kicking around then i realized i sucked playing with sheetmetal as it was my first time just about so i went for simple also i got my front end half way welded on only had a 110 welder but its good enough to cruise on to a friends house to get ahold of a 220

not much tecc for these i went down 10 and a half inches and used a puddy spreader thingy ma gig as a straight edge with a permanent market and just did it all by eyeing it out sorry im not much help for people that may copy pirate would be the best source of how to guides for this kidna stuff

Attachments

• shjgfjdyhjdtyjtyd.jpg
    shjgfjdyhjdtyjtyd.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 260
  • GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
well did a little bit today hooked up my gauges and all of the sort....... Have no idea on where to put em though. All i know is not going on the floor like i did in my daily driver so more then likely going to either hog the middle vents out (id hate to sense they work so well unlike my dailys lol) or mount right above the middle vents on the dash board ricer style. Im also in the process of cleaning up a ton of electrical that was done by previous owners ill get some updates soon knuckle rebuild gets ordered tomorrow and i filed my taxes so either going to be a winch and a dual case adapter or winch and rear 529 set to match the front

well ive been totally slacking lately on pictures, but not much has happened either . Just been doing electrical and figuring out suspension big flex combos. i placed my order with tg on gears knuckle kit rock sliders and gear install yesturday. So hopefully ill have some new pics and some poser flex shots ready in a couple days when the boxes show up. Im also currently tryin to decide if i should bob it or let it self clearance bob it self lol