• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

88 Pathy 3 Link

Thanks man. Took the pathy out on another shakedown run this weekend. The dual's were awsome. Still need some limit straps and figure out some way to make some bump stops. I lost my power steering about 1/2 way up the mountain. The high pressure line developed a small crack in it. All in all it did great. Front/ rear bumpers, sliders, and skids are next. Here is a vid of some action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjopOiJp55k

Finally got around to building a front bumper. Rear is next.

Attachments

• bumper1.jpg
    bumper1.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 99
  • bumper2.jpg
    bumper2.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 99
  • bumper3.jpg
    bumper3.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 94
Very cool. We had a friend here locally who did a very similar build with a Nissan pickup...while we were building my rig at night in the shop, he was outside in the parking lot working in his...it turned out good...he was at fort benning in the army..lost track of him but that rig would crawl for sure.

Are 2 door pathfinder's kinda rare?

Nice build, I have a beat up from the feet up Xterra that Ive considered more than once axle swapping. Is that some sorta soacer / adapter you used to retain driveshafts ? * wierd aluminum deal pictured above *

Very cool to see this rig getting more work done. Any trail pics of it or changes made to it over the years since the last update?

bbone said:
Very cool. We had a friend here locally who did a very similar build with a Nissan pickup...while we were building my rig at night in the shop, he was outside in the parking lot working in his...it turned out good...he was at fort benning in the army..lost track of him but that rig would crawl for sure.

The two doors were only available for 87-90 I believe. The 4 doors on the other hand are a dime a dozen.

bbone said:

Thanks man. Yea the 2 doors are hard to come by. They were made 87-89. I've always had a thing for the pathys. Just sucks that there's hardly any aftermarket support for them. But that makes it fun for the diyer.

P said:
Nice build, I have a beat up from the feet up Xterra that Ive considered more than once axle swapping. Is that some sorta soacer / adapter you used to retain driveshafts ? * wierd aluminum deal pictured above

Thanks man. If your talking about the adapter plate with the intermediate shaft coming through it, that's the adapter I made for the double transfer case setup.

ridered3 said:
Very cool to see this rig getting more work done. Any trail pics of it or changes made to it over the years since the last update?

Thanks bud. I've been on a few rides with her over the past 2 years. That's about it. Over the last year and a half I've been building a new house and shop. That's done now and now I finally have my shop done to get back to work on her. Next inline is a rear bumper, sliders, skids, and high steer. I'd also like to do a hydro assist setup eventually.