• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

88 Pathy 3 Link

88pathy

Thought i would share my build. Its not a bouncer, but you dont see many nissan's sas'd. She is almost trail ready and i looking forward to meeting some follow wheelers out on the trails. I used D44's from a waggy. Should have went with tons but i dont plan on going any bigger than a 35. And i got a sweet deal on the 44's. I wanted a good road worthy vehicle that would do great off road also. My 5 year old son loves the pathy more than me and can't wait to go riding in it. I have my build on a few other nissan forums with a sh*t ton of pics. If there is any interest in more pics than i put in here i will gladly upload.
Specs:
D44's from 88 Grand Wagoneer
spartan up front, grizzly locker out back
3 link with early bronco deaver 5.5" springs
ballistic 2.63 joints, adjustable coil spring tower and coil retainer/shock mount/ lower link combo brackets
2" DOM lowers, 1.50" DOM upper, track bar, and steering
1 ton Chevy tre's
sway bar from a tj with rough country disco's
chevy 63's out back frenched in the frame
double tcase using 2 stock tx10's with custom adapter plate
35" KM2's
cut and turned the C's. set to 15* and caster is at 8*
roof rack

To do list:
f/r bumpers
sliders
winch
skids
additional lighting

bare.jpg

axle1.jpg

alljoints.jpg

axle4.jpg

Thanks man. It is a contraption for sure. I found a pic of this setup on Google but it was from another country. The tx10 front input female is splined the same as the intermediate shaft. So I have the front range box, half of the center section, custom adapter plate, then a stock pathy automatic bell housing, then a full tx10. It's long but works like a champ. I have some better pics to show the process a little better. I'll upload them in the a.m. I wanted a doubler but couldn't drop the coin on a North West Fab adapter kit and a D300 or atlas.

Re:

Awesome. Sounds like it's not too bad of a setup, I know the center shaft is usually the difficult part of a doubler.

What spline count/size is the shaft?

I honestly cant remember the stats on the intermediate shaft. It is pretty big though. I started by chopping off the front output section of the tx10 like so
tcase48.jpg

Then i removed the rear section along with the chain and gears and tigged in a sealer plate with vent and drain/fill holes
adapter10.jpg

I had to chop down the 2-4 shift rod and chop about 2" off the end of the intermediate shaft.
adapter16.jpg

The automatic tail housing section is acting as a spacer and lets me direct bolt on the second full tx10. The adapter plate i made is drilled to accept the front range box and the front section of the auto tail housing.
adapter7.jpg

Latest posts