• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

89 S10 build for rocks

i think he means it's a lot of work to a set of used, and not so good looking i might add, gears, everytime you break them or wear them out... i would really be concerned with those gears now, looking at the pitting that was going on, i personally would not have ran them in "Stock" form... plus if the machining heated them up at all....
those gears ran fine is stock form. and now, there is no pitting at all, it is all gone. there was no heat applied in the turning process. but i will say that if i break them, i will likely switch to a new housing and run regular gears.

Biggest problem with posting anything is that if you don't have a Toyota, you will get criticized. Everyone has some idea that they think is better than yours. I am a huge supporter of anything different. I do as much unconventional stuff as possible. Great work so far, and can't wait to see it finished.

Biggest problem with posting anything is that if you don't have a Toyota, you will get criticized. Everyone has some idea that they think is better than yours. I am a huge supporter of anything different. I do as much unconventional stuff as possible. Great work so far, and can't wait to see it finished.

not true.:fawkdancesmiley: :haha: the more you change it, the more it stays the same:haha:

should be a cool build though, i really enjoyed building my s-10. and now my luv...

to be honest, it really seems like a lot of extra work, to be under the perception that when it breaks, you're just going to replace the whole thing. but if you have another laying around then it should be no big deal:awesomework:

those gears ran fine is stock form. and now, there is no pitting at all, it is all gone. there was no heat applied in the turning process. but i will say that if i break them, i will likely switch to a new housing and run regular gears.

why go through the trouble of taking SO much off the diff then? maybe only take off 2" and not have to worry about putting all the effort into the housing for nothing... cus i mean you can shave quite a bit without troubles as i recall.:eeek:

why go through the trouble of taking SO much off the diff then? maybe only take off 2" and not have to worry about putting all the effort into the housing for nothing... cus i mean you can shave quite a bit without troubles as i recall.:eeek:

why not? if it holds, it holds. weight and ground clearance are the main points against the 14b. i may have just taken one of those away. and yes, i may just have more laying around if this doesnt work. after all, it is a 14b and they are dirt cheap.

why not? if it holds, it holds. weight and ground clearance are the main points against the 14b. i may have just taken one of those away. and yes, i may just have more laying around if this doesnt work. after all, it is a 14b and they are dirt cheap.

oh ya, i'm not trying to dig on your idea, i'm just saying, if it works, more power to ya! :awesomework: are you eventually going to discs on it???

oh ya, i'm not trying to dig on your idea, i'm just saying, if it works, more power to ya! :awesomework: are you eventually going to discs on it???
yeah, probably when the drums go bad. but they are like brand new right now, so i am going to run them. its less $$$ to me right off the bat.

here are some pics of my setup:
PIC_0429.sized.jpg

PIC_0431.sized.jpg

PIC_0432.sized.jpg

PIC_0433.sized.jpg

PIC_0434.sized.jpg

PIC_0436.sized.jpg

PIC_0437.sized.jpg

PIC_0438.sized.jpg

PIC_0439.sized.jpg

PIC_0440.sized.jpg

PIC_0441.sized.jpg

I do have a question and this is based off my own first hand experiance working with a s-10 frame. Why did you decide to use that frame vs getting a beter quality frame to build off of?

I do have a question and this is based off my own first hand experiance working with a s-10 frame. Why did you decide to use that frame vs getting a beter quality frame to build off of?
what would a better quality frame be? i think it would have to be full fabricated to be any better. they are fully boxed to past the t-case. anyways, this is what i have, the motor bolts to it, the trans works, it forms to the body, etc. i dont want to spend more cash than i really need to. and as i see it, there is nothing bad about the s10 frame at all.

what would a better quality frame be? i think it would have to be full fabricated to be any better. they are fully boxed to past the t-case. anyways, this is what i have, the motor bolts to it, the trans works, it forms to the body, etc. i dont want to spend more cash than i really need to. and as i see it, there is nothing bad about the s10 frame at all.

YOur going to laugh but a toy frame is an EXCELENT platform. Fully boxed.... And pretty strong....

YOur going to laugh but a toy frame is an EXCELENT platform. Fully boxed.... And pretty strong....
fvck toyota, where can i find a good running toyota for $300? you can find good running blazers all day long for $300. no offense, but if i bought a toyota, i would just be another sheep.

fvck toyota, where can i find a good running toyota for $300? you can find good running blazers all day long for $300. no offense, but if i bought a toyota, i would just be another sheep.

Who said a whole toy--find a frame---you can get a 2wd frame for pretty cheap....