• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

9" disk

benfowler87

I'm trying to disk brake a 9". Got the btf caliper brackets and calipers but having trouble finding a rotor that will fit over the axle flange. Anyone done this before that can help?

if the vehicle runs, start it in gear and grind it down while the axle is spinning... it will make short work of it...

Put the rotor behind the axle flange and put the studs through it. Then the lug nuts will hold calipers on. What we do on the race trucks and how it's done on a 14 bolt.

On my setup i have the same rotors all the way around. Front rotors from a HP 44 out of a 78 F-150. I had to make some little spacers to go the studs since the holes in the rotor were larger than the studs.

J/Cope79 said:
On my setup i have the same rotors all the way around. Front rotors from a HP 44 out of a 78 F-150. I had to make some little spacers to go the studs since the holes in the rotor were larger than the studs.

That's what I tried to do and the axle flange is about an inch too big to fit in the rotor.

not sure if this will help you but the Lincoln Mark IV had factory rear disk brakes you may be able to use some of the oem parts :dunno: