• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Custom hybrid ford 9

skipnrocks

So I'm nearing the final stages of my hybrid 9/60 rear axle. I am measuring for shafts and i got axle lengths of 37.5 and 38.75. My question is this seems long compared to what i see out there however I didn't cut my tubes as much as I see others do. Does this seem right? I got this length by inserting a 35 spline shaft from one of my spares into the housing marking where it hit the flange then adding 6 inches to account for the spindle and drive flange.

My follow up question is this. Would it be wise to just have 2-3 inches of extra spline on one side and then it it was a little long I can just trim it to fit? I can't see a huge downside to having a little extra spline

Moser told me to use a pvc pipe or broom handle and give them the measurements at the location they asked for, that was on a rear diff. I would call the place your getting them from and let them tell you what they need they may even can find something factory length and save you some coin

When i measured mine i put a mock up third in. Measured from inside of splines on third to edge of hub. Came up with roughly 2.5" difference in shaft lengths from side to side When i called branik thats how they told me to measure so hope its right. I did measure like 9 million times

SBJeepn said:
I think I miss typed. 31.5 and 32.75 I think I what I needed. I have a 69 in wms with a spool.
Mines 71 from spindle end to spindle end and that's real close to my lengths

The 31 and 32? Or longer ones? My 14 bolt shafts are 37.5 and 31.5 making 69 in in length. My measurements came out to 35 and 36.25 equaling 71.27 which may make sense since mine is the same width but with a smaller center sections?

My wms is about 69"

Sounding about right?

Im 33 n change and 35 and change 66 wms 14 bolt spindles n hubs n thats from inner spline of spool to face of hub then think they said drive flanges add 1.5" to that measurement