• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

90 yj 2.5L carbed

IROK

currently looking at a 90 yj thats got the 2.5L carbed,what kind of problems would i be looking at with the carb on inclines? I mostly had injected rigs other then my samurai which did ok until steep angles then would die,i'm sure the jeeps have the problem but is there something to do about other then switching it to fi?

currently looking at a 90 yj thats got the 2.5L carbed,what kind of problems would i be looking at with the carb on inclines? I mostly had injected rigs other then my samurai which did ok until steep angles then would die,i'm sure the jeeps have the problem but is there something to do about other then switching it to fi?

Switch it to FI!!:redneck::haha:
In all seriousness, need to know a little more about the YJ's specs, like is the current carb stock, or weber, or motorcraft conversion??? What's the current owner have to say about it???

A buddy of mine runs a weber on his 4 banger and it works just fine on the steep hills. Ran many of the hills around Rimrock with a carbed jeep.

His biggest problem was the gearing, so he switched to 4.56's (i believe) and has not had any trouble.

Switch it to FI!!:redneck::haha:
In all seriousness, need to know a little more about the YJ's specs, like is the current carb stock, or weber, or motorcraft conversion??? What's the current owner have to say about it???

I don't know a whole lot more about it,the guy says it's not to bad on inclines says he's had it on some pretty serious hills,on the other hand when i called him on the phone about it he couldn't tell me if it was carbed or not he didn't know, so believing someone sometimes is hard when they don't really seem to know anything about it.

I am not sure, but I thought the '90 4 cyl's were FI already...I'd do a little research...

Ok, I just did a little googlesearch...and what I found was all 4cyl (2.5L) YJ wranglers 87-95 were TBI injected...It is entirely possible someone may have swapped out the TBI for a carb if they had no clue how to work on the TBI, seen it done on other vehicles (usually a complete hack job!:redneck:)....

Ok, I just did a little googlesearch...and what I found was all 4cyl (2.5L) YJ wranglers 87-95 were TBI injected...It is entirely possible someone may have swapped out the TBI for a carb if they had no clue how to work on the TBI, seen it done on other vehicles (usually a complete hack job!:redneck:)....

Really,i personally haven't looked at it in person because it's a little ways away so i'm trying to get everything figured out before i went to look at it,but if thats the case that won't be bad i could deal with that for awhile until i can swap in a small block:D

thanks! I will let you know, should have something new to wheel by the end of the weekend.

Latest posts