• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

90's throw back....Manche build

Re: Re: 90's throw back....Manche build

Blase said:
Awesome! What the dimmer switch for in the last picture above?
Hi beams.

Thanks blaze

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Drivers side aluminum is done, templates are close for passenger side. Try to knock it out today. Then onto the steel engine covers.

05ec376630200cc88418b455cff4de27.jpg

e756eec0b925739b7a2ef7721699eb36.jpg

7fb94a0955da92738f464f41b100c29e.jpg

0f753573e4248b7cf574f4d35ff33c4c.jpg

.... unfortunately, once the seats are in, you'll never see it...????

Matt

slravenel said:
that gap in the corner is unacceptable!

TRASH!!!

just kidding its ****ing awesome. thumb.gif booyang

That's it, let's scrap the whole damn truck... Lol. A whole $25 with of sheet aluminum... total in scrap, lol.

In all seriousness, that spot drives me crazy. If it was covered by the seat, I could live with it, but its right beside the switched ignition power, I'll see it every time I look down... It'll probably get a little bit welded in there to cover it.

Started templating drivers engine cover... and encountered a brain block.

fc7a08b25263648bd3cc13f2471396d1.jpg

But there's plenty to do, so I stepped away and got the cowl area closed in.

f42db747872e62ae3735a48711dfd77d.jpg

957be1ea9632ea2b4491bf26c98fdd01.jpg

684c07fd8e89e7e9466f9fec14d7d147.jpg

909b974588b7dff0f21bfd528abb2126.jpg

84abb2edcf791586a701a59cbff19509.jpg

b41edf6650ea11c55cab8f31bd5bc75f.jpg

73b1e3004c277c7cce59f86cec25cde4.jpg

27fd0087b3143ab436685ea460638207.jpg

Matt

mcutler said:
Started templating drivers engine cover... and encountered a brain block.

fc7a08b25263648bd3cc13f2471396d1.jpg

You may have already thought of this...but I have some experience with tight footwells laughing1 you are going to want to make sure the ergonomics is right for longer trips with the pedals being off to the side and tight to each other/the firewall like that. I had to make absolute sure that my knee/side of shin have something to rest on with the gas pedal being towards the left like that. Your leg will get tired really fast if there is nothing to rest it against since it isnt just out in front of you like a wider buggy would be. I cant tell how far in there you sit from pictures so it may already rest on that doghouse panel...but if it doesnt, you may want to try and figure out something now that will give you a little more comfort on longer rides. A heel plate or ankle plate may be enough, but with heat that may limit you to long pants/boots with something extra there touching you. If there is nothing supporting your leg and it is off to the side like that, its gonna get uncomfortable on longer trail days...at least it does for me. I also have bad knees...so you may be OK. Just my $.02

Looking absolutely killer though. That dash work is great. I cant wait to climb all over this thing some time

slravenel said:
You may have already thought of this...but I have some experience with tight footwells laughing1 you are going to want to make sure the ergonomics is right for longer trips with the pedals being off to the side and tight to each other/the firewall like that. I had to make absolute sure that my knee/side of shin have something to rest on with the gas pedal being towards the left like that. Your leg will get tired really fast if there is nothing to rest it against since it isnt just out in front of you like a wider buggy would be. I cant tell how far in there you sit from pictures so it may already rest on that doghouse panel...but if it doesnt, you may want to try and figure out something now that will give you a little more comfort on longer rides. A heel plate or ankle plate may be enough, but with heat that may limit you to long pants/boots with something extra there touching you. If there is nothing supporting your leg and it is off to the side like that, its gonna get uncomfortable on longer trail days...at least it does for me. I also have bad knees...so you may be OK. Just my $.02

Looking absolutely killer though. That dash work is great. I cant wait to climb all over this thing some time

Yes sir, your 100% correct.

Yes, my calf rest on the corner of the triangle piece (with dzus).

I ran into the same issues with my buggy, as your mentioning. This time, I turned the seat about 10° (so are the pedals) toward the front tire, so that my legs will still stretch out in front, rather than canted so. But the tire clearance forced me to bring the brake towards me while the gas is deeper in.

It looks super tight in pics, but it is 10.5" wide between the a pillar and firewall.

... and I'm with you on the bad knees...

You going to RBD?, I'm going to try to make it.

mcutler said:
Yes sir, your 100% correct.

Yes, my calf rest on the corner of the triangle piece (with dzus).

I ran into the same issues with my buggy, as your mentioning. This time, I turned the seat about 10° (so are the pedals) toward the front tire, so that my legs will still stretch out in front, rather than canted so. But the tire clearance forced me to bring the brake towards me while the gas is deeper in.

It looks super tight in pics, but it is 10.5" wide between the a pillar and firewall.

... and I'm with you on the bad knees...

You going to RBD?, I'm going to try to make it.

good deal - should be comfortable then! I have ridden in some buggies that were super uncomfortable ergonomics wise, glad you thought ahead on that!

And no RBD for me...I havent been on that ride in a few years, we do our own thing that weekend with some other folks - try to avoid the bigger crowded events, however now that they arent doing the bouncer launch and break fest; I would be willing to check it out again...that BK park looks like it has some really good potential, I need to check it out

Cab A-pillars welded back together and scabbed to the cage, finally. Windshield going in today...

72b6d056d2943f7da2147974de6ee613.jpg

d69e88a90c50cd30bec671a57e71fa37.jpg

ffe4dbcf7a880278de3f9f2b8c764d18.jpg

1eb3dc96e2cc8eacb1d283e95f694ab4.jpg

Matt

bjeep said:
I may have missed it but......

Have you run it yet??
The fab work is unbelievable. :cougar: :cougar: :cougar:
Lol. Not yet. Cranking tonight.

I've had this power train for 6 years in my previous buggy, nothing has changed so it should go smoothly. Mainly just a systems leak/bleed check and top off fluids. I hope.

The accumulator still has 3 quarts and charged since disassembled, so I'll get to prime the oil system even!

Thanks bjeep!

I wish it was. Maybe someday, cuz I'm be bored to death once this is done... lol.

Thanks blase!

d9marko said:
I can always truck my little Sami down I77 to keep you from getting to bored!! Awesome work as always man!
We can do it...