• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

92 cummins upgrades

toyzuk

i just put the 3200 gov spring kit in my dodge and turned the fuel screw in and its like driving a new truck. WOW! major difference but now im worried about my auto tranny. it acts alittle funny once and awhile.

who around the puyallup area can upgrade my tranny and to and how much do i really need to upgrade it. im shootin for about 400 max horse by the time im done with it.

i got quoted 1600 for a new conv and shift kit and other beefing up inside.

also what kind of stall should i get?

You dont want a stall converter in a tow rig, its unneeded and will just build up heat. I think they have towing converters that have an even lower stall than normal. Source automotive down south does diesel trannies, check out NWbombers for more advice. Your gonna have a hard time getting up to 400HP out of the VE injection pump, have you ground the fuel pin? A new converter and valvebody will do wonders, the 1st gen trans have a better rep than the newer dodge autos.

im following the rust bucket in diesel power and didn't realize it was so cheap to upgrade these motors. i already have 4'' straight pipe and an intake. now that i did these two little fuel pump upgrades im pumped to do alot more.

if worse comes to worse my mechanic at work said he could put the 7100 on my truck for a price. then again im sure ill be happy with an upgraded tranny, turbo, and injectors and water meth or propane. i have to do alot more research but im stoked to make this thing at least keep up with my roomates trucks.

with my possy i can barely keep the rear straight in the rain now. i would have done this along time ago if i would have known it was going to wake my truck up so much.

dieseltruckresource.com has a large and well informed group of 1st gen guys. So does 1stgen.org, I would check both of them out, theres a lot that tech out there. Made a huge difference on my Dads old rig.