• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

93' 22re into 87'?

lethe

well i bought a 22re from a 93' pickup and am going to put it in my 87' this weekend. i havent found much, but from what ive read the harness is different at the injectors and your supposed to use an ecu from that year. anyways it seems like the easiest thing to do it just swap my intake from my 87' over to the newer engine, that way i wont have to deal with changing the harness. is it as simple as just bolting my 87'intake on and plugging it in? or is there other things as well. any input is welcomed, and if you have a link that answers my questions post it .

thanks,
Jared

i think i found my answer. i dont want to mess with the harness so im going to swap the whole intake over to the 93' block so i can re-use my harness.

The intake from the newer motor is more efficient (throttle body), and a common swap if you wanna read about it on Pirate, just FYI if you care. I found a lot about it when I was looking at swapping a 90 motor into my 84.

~T.J.

The intake from the newer motor is more efficient (throttle body), and a common swap if you wanna read about it on Pirate, just FYI if you care. I found a lot about it when I was looking at swapping a 90 motor into my 84.

~T.J.

ive read up a little bit about it on pirate. but like i said, i dont have the skills to fawk with the harness. i like all of my **** to work:redneck:

...pirate4x4.com/forum

I like this game :D

I thought I read theres a way to swap your old TPS and crap onto the new throttle body so its "plug and play"? Maybe Im remembering things wrong. Ive been reading a lot about different swaps lately.

~T.J.

...pirate4x4.com/forum

I thought I read theres a way to swap your old TPS and crap onto the new throttle body so its "plug and play"? Maybe Im remembering things wrong. Ive been reading a lot about different swaps lately.

~T.J.

you would have to change the injectors too. i just put my whole intake from my 87' onto the new long block. last sunday was a long day, but i got it all done in one day.

...pirate4x4.com/forum

~T.J.

If you're talkiing about the upper plenum and throttle body it can be done, no re-wiring needed. Don't have to swap injectors either. Let me know if you need more info.

Latest posts