• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

96 7.3Stroke cold start prob...

If I had to guess I would say the glow plug relay went out. It's one of the two relays that look like a typical ford starter sol on top of the motor. I don't remember which one it is just trace the wires.
Before you replace it check your fuses.

If I had to guess I would say the glow plug relay went out. It's one of the two relays that look like a typical ford starter sol on top of the motor. I don't remember which one it is just trace the wires.

I would think the controling side of the soloniod would be fused but the main B+ feed would be a fusable link....

But yes I have to agree it sounds like a glow plug issue of some kind...

Yup, kinda sounds like glow plug relay/ glow plugs.... When you replace it all, make sure you get new a new under valvecover wiring assembly for the glow plugs...

Yup, kinda sounds like glow plug relay/ glow plugs.... When you replace it all, make sure you get new a new under valvecover wiring assembly for the glow plugs...

Thanks all:awesomework: :beer: :beer:

Actually over there checking it this evening and it is all less then 2 years old.
It all worked until...
I replaced the fuel filter.
The vacuum pump.
He hosed off the engine.
When warm start there is 12V to Plugs...

Going to check everything tomarrer AM COLD and see what

To see if the relay is bad you can connect the two big posts with jumper cables. If the rig starts then you know the solenoid is bad. Also if you measure the voltage at both posts when it is activated (about 30seconds to 2 minutes depending on temps) and the voltage is different between the posts then it should be replaced.

BTW, don't bother with the ford one. Mine $60 motorcraft one lasted about 1.5 years. My $22 one from autozone has lasted almost 3 years now.

If some of the glowplugs aren't working then it won't hardly start either. You can do a websearch for how to ohm them out to see which ones are bad using the pins at the valve cover harness.

solved...

I don't understand it but...
We replaced the relay with new, problem solved...
Function testing them both they both test good:wtf:
I have no idea why but it appeard that a $60-relay was the ticket!:cheer:

:beer: :beer: :beer: Thanks All!:beer: :beer: :beer:

Chris