• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

97 Powerstroke worth the money?

money_pit_yj

I found a 97 Powerstroke with 304k miles down the street from the house. It is a lwb 2wd extended cab. It was an old man who used to own the local JD dealership and has every service record oil change receipt and part that has ever been put on it. It has never had a ball in the receiver but pulled a gooseneck camper twice a year. The transmission was replaced at 187k and some other minor things along the way. He is asking 3400 for it. I know the 7.3 is bulletproof, so I'm assuming I can get some more miles out of it. Is it worth the money?

That sounds pretty cheap but it is 2wd? ZF5 or the E040D or whatever the hell the automatic is? I Ike my 96 7.3 F250 a lot. Mine is a 4x4 extended cab regular bed. That's only 30k more than mine.

I've got a 97 ccsb 4x4 w the 5 spd. I love the truck and other than typical BS I haven't had any problems. I don't even know mileage since the odometer didn't work when I bought it 5 yrs ago.

I have a 96 CCLB 2wd with 287000 on it, just had to replace the E4OD automatic tranny. I have had no problems with it otherwise, I got mine from a friend that had all the records just like yours. That is a good price, I think. The only thing I wish was that mine was a 4X4.

Ive got 99 E350 van with the 7.3, it just rolled over 400K. Its probably got more on it than that, the odod,meter sticks from time to time. The one youre looking at with 300K on it its just getting broken in. BTW, I have a 97 F350 crtew cab 7.3 5speed 2wd with only 185K on it i"m thinging about selling, its a bit cosmetcially challenged, nothing too bad, I just don't have time to fix it up. Just put 6 new tires on it. Asking $6500

sparepartsdave said:
Ive got 99 E350 van with the 7.3, it just rolled over 400K. Its probably got more on it than that, the odod,meter sticks from time to time. The one youre looking at with 300K on it its just getting broken in. BTW, I have a 97 F350 crtew cab 7.3 5speed 2wd with only 185K on it i"m thinging about selling, its a bit cosmetcially challenged, nothing too bad, I just don't have time to fix it up. Just put 6 new tires on it. Asking $6500

Send me some pics

There is a 95ish f250 7.3 extended cab 5sp 2wd up the road from my house. Belongs to a friend who said he doesnt need it any more. Said he has to many, whatever that number is. Think it comes with an option to buy a parts truck too. Said it still has cold ac. Think he was asking $3-3200??? Not sure but can send a number if you like.