• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

98 tj only 1 dirty injector

sexxy

Changed #6 injector 4 times so far. It has been full of gunk every time. As long as I am daily driving or not trying steep (boat ramp at hpo) hills it runs fine with no issues. I can pull up on steep hill a couple times then get out of the way for someone else and kill jeep, when I go back it is missing on #6 cylinder. When I get home change injector with a known good one it fires up with no hesitation or missing. Every time I have changed injector it was full of gunk. I have even left injector out and cycled key to pump gas thru fuel rail with no better results. I was going to change filter but it is pre pump only (in tank). Thought about adding a filter in line but not sure which one will hold the pressure and hook up to existing lines. Even thought of cutting line and using fuel injection hose with double clamps if I can figure out filter.

Re:

Have you looked at the filter on the tank. I bet the number 6 injector is the first place the trash gets dumped.

Would try flushing the tank and add another filter. Would guess the filter has came apart or fell off.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

scrambled said:
What does the "gunk" look like?

Greenish tint and gritty like sand, but will mash up into dust when it drys.

ROKTOY829 said:
Have you looked at the filter on the tank. I bet the number 6 injector is the first place the trash gets dumped.

Would try flushing the tank and add another filter. Would guess the filter has came apart or fell off.

I changed fuel pump July 2015 and add new sock/filter at that time. Are you saying add another filter after pump?

Re:

I was thinking the sock filter was bad and was suggesting replacing it.

If you can add another filter I would. Also I would remove the pump and look to see what kinda of junk is in the tank.

My 22re had a drive ability issue, ended up finding gunk like you described. Luckily it just stopped up my fuel filter and no injector issues.

Re:

If the tank is clean, inspect the rubber lines on the system, may have one coming apart on the inside.