• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

99-04 Grand Cherokee (WJ) Lift Recommendations

StukPig

Toward the end of June I am planning on purchasing a Gen 2 Grand Cherokee (WJ). Since I have been a Toyota guy, I am not too familiar with lift kits for anything Jeep.

Does anyone have any recommendations regarding good lift kits for the WJ's? I am wanting to fit 33's under my rig. Also, this will be a daily driver and wheeler.

With the bit of research I have done so far, it appears that IronRock Lift kits have the best overall package.

I would like to hear what you all think. Thank you for your time.

I figure based on the pricing I have seen online so far, I will be looking 2300-2700 just for the lift... does not include gears, wheels, or tires. I would like to lock it up front and rear, but I don't think I will have the funds right away.

So far (at least from what I have read) it sounds like the IronRock 6.5" is the best on the market.

I want to get quality and have a well built suspension under my rig that will allow for a comfortable ride as well as good articulation and flex offroad.

Clayton kits are pretty well done.

Anything over a 3 inch lift is going to require long arms. And to fit the big tires on a grand, you are going to need some pretty tall lift to fit 35's without trimming.

I figure based on the pricing I have seen online so far, I will be looking 2300-2700 just for the lift...

Better idea:

Leave WJ stock or at most a budget boost with slightly larger tires. Take WJ lift funds and buy an XJ already lifted/geared/tired for wheeling. Beat on the wheeler and still always get to work Monday morning. There is no good reason to wheel a WJ.

Better idea:

Leave WJ stock or at most a budget boost with slightly larger tires. Take WJ lift funds and buy an XJ already lifted/geared/tired for wheeling. Beat on the wheeler and still always get to work Monday morning. There is no good reason to wheel a WJ.

Don't have money for two rigs... if so, I would say screw any type of jeep all together, buy a Suburban for commuting and hauling the kid around and go with a better wheeler... TOYOTA.

But, since money is an issue and I want an offroad capable everyday driver I figured the WJ would be the best overall fit. I want something with more interior storage than my H3 and it needs to have a V8. I won't buy anything Ford, and Dodge doesn't make a good offroad SUV. I would like a 4runner, but they don't have the power and towing capabilities I want. So after talking with people, and looking at my "needs" vs my "wants", I came to the conclusion that the WJ's are the closest to what I "need" in a vehicle.

Furthermore... when I am complete with my WJ... it will be as bad @$$ as one can probably be.

Also... the WJ will be about 80% onroad with about 20% offroad for usage. Since it will be my only means of transportation, I don't plan on beating it too hard offroad. Once I can afford to have a daily driver and a wheeler... I will get another Toyota... but until then, the WJ will have to work.

If you're looking to go that tall, go Clayton's.

/end thread. :D

11-11-06to11-14-06-098.jpg

I figure based on the pricing I have seen online so far, I will be looking 2300-2700 just for the lift... does not include gears, wheels, or tires.[/COLOR] I would like to lock it up front and rear, but I don't think I will have the funds right away.

Since you are a Toyota guy, why not just get a 4Runner? I am about $600 over your lift budget and have all those things you listed as not even included in your Jeep lift, and more. From my newb perspective the 4RnR flat gets it offroad! It also gets me around town quite nicely as well.
IMG_0506.JPG

IMG_3549.jpg

Don't have money for two rigs...

:eeek:

In your second post you said you were planning on spending 2300-2700 for just a lift. You can get a complete wheelable lifted XJ for less than that. So yes, you do have money for two rigs :fawkdancesmiley::haha:

:eeek:

In your second post you said you were planning on spending 2300-2700 for just a lift. You can get a complete wheelable lifted XJ for less than that. So yes, you do have money for two rigs :fawkdancesmiley::haha:

Just let it be. He has enough money for bad decisions. Have a good time with your new rig.

Since you are a Toyota guy, why not just get a 4Runner? I am about $600 over your lift budget and have all those things you listed as not even included in your Jeep lift, and more. From my newb perspective the 4RnR flat gets it offroad! It also gets me around town quite nicely as well.

IFS and a big 3 litre:cheer:
:D

So far it seems as though everyone is recommending Claytons... when I get the vehicle, I will probably end up going with them. Thanks for the input everyone.