• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

A case of the Mondays...

FlatlandFSJ said:
I'm guessing most of that was on the hood at one point?

All of it was on the hood.

I'm swapping the front 60 for a fab9, and put a zip locker in the rear. I've got another housing for rear steer but it'll have to wait until after the Moab trip. I finally got the rear put back together, and was setting it down on the tires. Not sure if lifting it off jackstands to put the tires on the read threw it off balance or not, but the front stands kicked out somehow when I lowered it. I'll have to dig out the engine hoist in the morning and pick it back up.

I had one of your Mondays on a Saturday afternoon and few years back building my Jeep. I was building a 4 link on the front with a jack under the axle when the front end of the Jeep came off the stands and whole Jeep hit the floor. Thank God I'm not a big guy because there was not a lot of room between me. the Jeep and the wall that was behind me. I had to go have a moment and was done working for the day.

Glad you were not hurt or any parts damaged.

I was once under a suburban on a Monday... Had the back of the rear driveshaft lodged up high and turned the front of it w my hand... The back fell to the floor and crushed a chunk of meat between the front yoke and shaft....

Took forever to get into position to lift the damn shaft n free my hand.....

Ur mess SUX but at least you weren't crushed... Coulda been a lot worse.

And yeah the tacos look badass.

Building my toyota, had front axle on jackstands, buddy came over wanted to hear it run, I hit the key with it in gear.... luckily no one and nothing was hurt.

poolman said:
Bummer, sweet looking rig though :****:

That's very humbling, thank you. I don't think I'll ever be happy with it though. I really want a moonbuggy, but need somewhere for the wife and kids to sit. Until my son is old enough to wheel, I'll just keep modding this one for cone dodging.

You know darn well those are taco cabana tacos. Lol

Hey maybe we'll see you at wolf caves sept 9-11 ????

LightBnDr said:
You know darn well those are taco cabana tacos. Lol

Hey maybe we'll see you at wolf caves sept 9-11 ????

Draven's mom is from Italy, so now I can't stand olive garden. My weiner loves beaner, and I can't stand tex-mex haha. I prefer her homemade, but have this sweet spot a block away for when the wife's at work. If they speak English I usually just leave, too many good options close by.

I don't have a weekend off in Sept until the 23-25. I'm limited to hitting the dirt roads of Hidden Falls, Wolf Caves, or Gilmer for a shakedown. I'd like to make sure the narrower 50* axle doesn't get into everything before we go, but I'll have to find someone to go with. I'm using the last bit of vacation for Oct 1-13 trip to Moab, then gonna hit rocktoberfest at K2 the later part of October. Is that your only trip south?

It doesn't have to be. K2 isn't my favorite trip but only because it's far away on top of park rules.

I'm up for some southern parks. I have never been to any other than k2 but only because they didn't come highly recommended for the drive

No wonder ur screen name is sleepsontoilet with all that messican cuisine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LightBnDr said:
It doesn't have to be. K2 isn't my favorite trip but only because it's far away on top of park rules.

I'm up for some southern parks. I have never been to any other than k2 but only because they didn't come highly recommended for the drive

I have yet to find a better place all around than K2. I love technical crawling, and it's full of it. You can have fun in a stock rig or a comp buggy. I think they have a nice camp area for Class A's to tent camping. Community showers and restrooms if you don't have them and cabins too. I think the best part is the concession stand. If you had a really crappy day on the trail, it sure is nice coming in and ordering a bacon cheeseburger.

I'm going west this year, and thinking maybe east next year. I want to try AOP, Dirty Durtle, or any of the other great southeast parks. We're definitely gonna have to wheel together. I think Burris Valley is a great place, but makes for a long day with a 17" belly height. It beat the heck out of us, and the wife isn't feeling a return. If she isn't happy, I won't be enjoying the trip either by default.

Zjman said:
No wonder ur screen name is sleepsontoilet with all that messican cuisine
Hahaha, that's funny. When I first tried to log in on rubiconownersforum.com, every screen name I could come up with was taken. So I figured I'd use sleepsontoilet, as it shouldn't be that common. When I was in high school I drank a lot of bier, but am a ***** with liquor. I got called on it, so I was gonna show them I could toast a fifth of Jack. Hours later you can guess how and where they found me. The nickname kinda stuck...

Latest posts