• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

A LESSON LEARNED!

GreenTJ said:
FWIW,

I have gotten ripped off by a reputable shop here in Va, I had my jeep in this guys shop a few times. Well I finally got the cash saved up to buy some one ton axles, and dropped my Jeep off to have this shop install them, and knock out some other issues with the Jeep. The shop owner mentioned that there was no need to take the Jeep off the trailer, as it being on the trailer made it a lil easier to move around since it had no drive shafts at the time. I deployed to Panama for a few months, and before I left I talked to the shop owner, and he said the Jeep would be wrapped up waiting for me when I got back. I came home, and no work had been done. Shop owner told me he had just gotten really busy, and the Jeep would be done soon. Fast forward a year and the Jeep had not been touched. I called saying I wanted to pick it up. Now I had paid for the work in advance, as I know overhead is hard on a shop. The owner was not answering phone calls, and could never be found. I finally went down there and waited till he was around. My Jeep had been there a year, no work had been done, a tree had fallen and bent the windshield frame while it was there, and steering parts for the axle swap more no where to be found. I took the Jeep, my trailer, and my axles and rolled out. It took 7 months to get my money back, and it turns out my trailer was being used the whole time my Jeep was there by the shop. The owner denies letting my trailer get whored out, but its kind of hard to back up when there are a ton of pictures of other peoples vehicles being hauled on my trailer. Now this was a shop who was owned by a well know person in my circle of wheelers, and no one ever had anything bad to say about the place. So doing research into a shop some times does not work out well. Now that a lot of people have seen what happened to me, and the way I was taken advantage of because I was military and deployed, other horror stories about the place have came out. As it stands right now that shop is currently going under due to lack of work. Nothing was ever put out on the internet, it was all word of mouth, and sometimes person to person works much better. My Jeep has been at Mikes, of 5Brothersfab since May of last year. He has made it a point to e-mail and discuss everything done with the Jeep, to include tons of pictures. I was deployed in June of last year and just got home. Mike always sent high detail photos to me, and talked about everything that was going on with the Jeep. So anyone that wants to bash on small, one man shops as being hacks is wrong. Its all about finding the right people at the right shops, and keeping open lines of conversation about what's going on .

Eh no offense but this doesn't happen with "reputable" shops.......there is too much at stake for a good shop to do this.....Look at the joe blow's in this thread that have attempted to do "fab work". If anything about a shop does not say top notch, or professional....i.e....do they have a letterhead, receipts, tax i.d. #, etc then proceed with caution, or expect to have inconsistent results......If you want to be more specific if they don't even have a website, I would question the validity......

pennsylvaniaboy said:
Eh no offense but this doesn't happen with "reputable" shops.......there is too much at stake for a good shop to do this.....Look at the joe blow's in this thread that have attempted to do "fab work". If anything about a shop does not say top notch, or professional....i.e....do they have a letterhead, receipts, tax i.d. #, etc then proceed with caution, or expect to have inconsistent results......If you want to be more specific if they don't even have a website, I would question the validity......

I see what your saying but a good website and tax I.d. doesn't make someone a good fabricator. I know several on this site that doesn't have any type of business name but can fab as good if not better than some shops.

wont work said:
I see what your saying but a good website and tax I.d. doesn't make someone a good fabricator. I know several on this site that doesn't have any type of business name but can fab as good if not better than some shops.

Oh no doubt, it is not a fail safe measure....but a shop with all those things has a lot invested to put out junk......Overall if I am dropping some serious$$$$ I would expected to see a portfolio of work, even a customer list that I could call and see the work completed.

Why do people dig through and open up old threads such as this one? It's like busting open a cut that has already healed. In my opinion it's **** like this that will make this place like pirate. Let the **** such as this go. If your that much of a drama queen :gtfo: pirate has a nice cozy spot for you. This forum has a lot of good qualities and I hate to see it get destroyed by **** stirrers.

pholmann said:
Why do people dig through and open up old threads such as this one? It's like busting open a cut that has already healed. In my opinion it's **** like this that will make this place like pirate. Let the **** such as this go. If your that much of a drama queen :gtfo: pirate has a nice cozy spot for you. This forum has a lot of good qualities and I hate to see it get destroyed by **** stirrers.
x2 :ban:

Re:

Just to keep stiring

On a positive note I've been out twice in the rig and hasn't let me down it has really surprised me

Thanks for all the positive encuregment and help from my off road peeps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

pholmann said:
:ban:

I'm just mad I missed the whole thread because the title wasn't eye catching. Took a while to read it all.. Poor buggy

Re:

Got bored at the house tonight.. thought I'd give this another read, and a whole bunch of laughs

Here's my bump for the next 32k views

pholmann said:
I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking this.
x2 I don't know you but you have obvious shitty luck with people you do business with and mybe your a cheap ass like all of us but seems to me like every deal you get you bitch and complain about it . Maybe I'm the only one that's seeing a pattern but **** man git it a rest :dunno:

Re:

No drama here. They made if right if you wana call it that. Refunded the amount but charged my paypall fees and had to fix all the bullshit.

But the buggy has taken on a new life.. just couldn't help to bump this up for a good laugh.