• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

A must read

ya it sucks, that is exactly what we saw of that trail when we went two weekends ago. is there something that can be done like fill it in with some surrounding dirt or something (and i'm not talking about digging a big hole right next to the existing one.) i mean can the hole be softened out a bit or something? cus it was pretty nasty.

wHAT have I been saying for the last few years?

Get off your ass's and get involved. its about education..

We have the same deal going on at reiter

get off your ass's and get invloved before its too late EVERYWHERE!

I know that they will get destroyed, but is it leagal for us as wheelers to make our own signs and put them up where we play? Some brief educating statement about the area and what is, isn't acceptable.

that makes me wanna cry:sad: , my dog is named KANER, after that trail,
there needs to be more work/repair crews up there. in my opinion,

There will be and I'll be there with my shovel, but, it is a never-ending battle.

For the record, I love purpose built rigs, but they need to be used for their purpose: Trail rigs run trails, mud rigs go to LEGAL mud bogs, rock rigs run rocks, etc. OR. . .just have some respect.

OldGreen said:
There will be and I'll be there with my shovel, but, it is a never-ending battle.

For the record, I love purpose built rigs, but they need to be used for their purpose: Trail rigs run trails, mud rigs go to LEGAL mud bogs, rock rigs run rocks, etc. OR. . .just have some respect.

bOTT0OM line you respect the land or you loose it...

Hey Crash as you probably already know this is honestly like the first year i have seriously gotten into wheeling and now i would love to get some tips on how to get involved other than going to work parties and such (sadly havent been able to make one yet :( ) Thanks

War-Jeeper said:
Hey Crash as you probably already know this is honestly like the first year i have seriously gotten into wheeling and now i would love to get some tips on how to get involved other than going to work parties and such (sadly havent been able to make one yet :( ) Thanks
http://www.pnw4wda.org/

crash said:
wHAT have I been saying for the last few years?

Get off your ass's and get involved. its about education..

We have the same deal going on at reiter

get off your ass's and get invloved before its too late EVERYWHERE!

the thing is i have been getting involved wherever i can, just not publicly, i clean up a bag of trash almost everytime i go out, iand i say stuff to people if they are abusing things. one time a guy asked if i had tools cus he suggested we go and part out a yota that some kids had to leave to get a spare tire for, and i told him that if i saw anyone doing that sort of thing out there i'd call the cops and what-not.:mad: bastards.

i guess i was asking was more of the legality of someone going up there and filling in the hole with stuff, and kinda making it more managable, sort of like pulling out abandoned rigs, i don't want to have people thinking I'M!!! the one parting it out or thrashing on stuff:mad:

it didnt surprise me after reading that. we tried east bound kaner on memorial weekend and it was in bad shape. fact is the whole naches seemed to be in bad shape after that weekend. if people dont start taking care of it, it will be shut down and no more wheeling. just a matter of time before it happens.

now how do we change/educate people about this? the internet is good but there needs to be another marking ploy to get the information across. swap meets are good but if you notice a ton of people just walk by the booths. i say start an education campaign to high schools. get them while they are young. make them want to take care of the land.

also if the new rock crawling area is built and sponsored by PNW4WDA they can make everyone that comes there take a 1 hour course to educate the population. i know its drastic but its just an idea.

but things need to change soon or there will be no wheeling

This is the same **** that closed the poweline trail in TSF. some assholes in 38-44" tired trucks that think wheeling = mud bog decided they needed to toughen up the easy trail a bit and deny the smaller rigs. Well guess what... now everyone is denied. :flipoff:

[sarcasim]Can we just start shooting out their tires when we come upon morons like that?[/sarcasim] :mad:

OldGreen said:

Couldn't have said it better :clappy:
The only way to get these morons to comply is through communicating to them when you catch them ripping up trails. If they give you :flipoff: , then record their license #/rig description and turn their sorry asses in.

There are guys at Reiter blazing 'new' trails which will get negative attention. If you know these guys, talk to them. If they won't listen, turn em in.
Otherwise we'll all continue to :mad:

archer1965 said:
Couldn't have said it better :clappy:
The only way to get these morons to comply is through communicating to them when you catch them ripping up trails. If they give you :flipoff: , then record their license #/rig description and turn their sorry asses in.

There are guys at Reiter blazing 'new' trails which will get negative attention. If you know these guys, talk to them. If they won't listen, turn em in.
Otherwise we'll all continue to :mad:

the problem lies with-in... there is NO regulation or inforcement.
if everyplace we have now, to legally offroad was -revised, based on what is already there...

trail systems... clearly marked w/ warnings & regulations as to what is allowable - as far as rig's... as our times / sport changes, so do the concepts and idea's and auto parts / tires / axles / gearing... etc....

MOST DO NOT KNOW OF THE RULE; tread lightly or have a clue as to what it means. a guy builds up his rig and then looks for a spot that is legal to go and try it out... he doesn't know that the system was built 2 days ago, or 20+ years ago... and typically was made / built for basic stock rigs & people to learn how to manuver / drive through the trail system w/o going around obstacles / or / making new trails...

the object was / is - to start from the begining and continue toward the end.

most people believe they need a rig w/ 35inch or bigger tires and more horsepower the better and thats just not true! you need to 1st learn to over-come a trail obstacle by driving it. learning how to over-come it in a somewhat stock rig. then move on from there...

not saying we can't run trails in buggy's or monster trucks, etc...

I'M MAKING THE STATEMENT, run the trail for what it was created for... have common sense? if your rig is too big to fit between the trees, do not cut the trees down, rather find another trail system that fits you.

you do not need to dig them 40+in tires into the ground either, all though that is something left for discussion.... it is indeed offroading & a trail system, but what most fail to understand... is if your doing it once & the guy behind you as well & so on & so on... pretty soon, even if it was done by rigs w/ 29inch tires... that ground is going to be dug down so far.... it will be destroyed based on the original trail set-up.

and this brings us to...

creating & managing & re-pairing old & "new" trails... to -

KEEP UP W/ THE TIMES & GUYS WHO DO NOT UNDERSTAND -tread lightly.

if we could build trail system - lines, with a hard base bottom... with dirt / soil brought in and layed apon the hard surface, it really would only be a matter of keeping the sides / trees protected then, and thus a routine to upkeep the trails.

basicly, a complete from start to finish - manmade trail. that is formed throughout a given area or exsisting trail already. that cannot be eroded.
can't be dug out. or drove around or ruined.

War-Jeeper said:
Try to get involved with a club that is joined up with the PNW, The PNW tries very hard to provide info and put together work parties. Everytime I am out on the trail I see people that are using bypasses and have no idea that they shouldn't be tearing up new areas.

Latest posts