Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Go to the 39.5 Irok

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • The 42in SX

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 42in Irok

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
I ran 39.5 Iroks on my stepside with a 1/2 ton front end (tru-trac) and a fairly healthy 355/4 speed combo. Even with the tru trac i broke **** all the time so don't waste money on chromo axles just hit the wrecking yard for spares buy new joints and weld the caps in. I always carried 2 drive slugs and two sets of assembled welded cap axle shafts with me plus a set of loose axleshafts and joints.

Point is your gonna break it so save your money for a 60 or wait untill bobby comes out with a birfield for the 44. I have never understood why people would do a full width swap on a toyota then waste money upgrading a 1/2 ton axle and expect it to live.

Oh and your gay :D

wait untill bobby comes out with a birfield for the 44.

I wish, he told me he wasn't going to do it because he can't get a CV through the knuckle. On a ford, you could but thats only a fraction of the 44's out there, so its not worth wile.:mad:

, ..............................................dual t-cases with 4.7s in the rear case. Both axles have custom cromo shafts:cool:
.................... I'm on 36's but want to go atleast 39.5 iroks. . . but would really like the 42in sticky Irok or the 42in SX:cool:.

You have low enough gears that it will break now with the 36's if you wad it up. Bigger tires and you could break without wading anything.

I ran 39.5's on a 44 front and it sucked ass:rolleyes: I could throw parts at will..............on flat ground

pull toyotas for a d44?:looser: , your bad choices amaze me:booo:

x2, even after upgrading the dirty 30 to a HP d44 i still think a yota axle is stronger, especially with some longs in it:awesomework:

( I might get some chromo's for my d44, i don't care what people think :fawkdancesmiley: :haha: )

way cheaper to replace it with another toyota axle, than to build a d44 that is a wast of time.:beer:

not for me!!! I had the 44 I had the crossover steering, I had the gears and locker is all I needed was shafts! That is way cheaper then building a yota axle with longs and such:awesomework:

Run the 36s and stay off the shinny pedal. I have seen to many break 44s with 35in tires. IMO, the Toy axle with longs is a stronger setup than the 44.