• Go to the 39.5 Irok

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • The 42in SX

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 42in Irok

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

angelfly

Alright well I picked up a yota in Feb. and wheeled it a couple times and ended up fawking it up for a friends B-day:rolleyes: So I have been fixing and upgrading:awesomework:

I just swapped in a 3/4 ton 44/60 combo under it with 4.88cogs, dual t-cases with 4.7s in the rear case. Both axles have custom cromo shafts:cool:

I want to know what the safest tire size I can run in a yota??? I'm on 36's but want to go atleast 39.5 iroks. . . but would really like the 42in sticky Irok or the 42in SX:cool:

Heres a pick of kinda how it looks now. . .

Attachments

• DSCN2146 (Medium).jpg
    DSCN2146 (Medium).jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 284
Alright well I picked up a yota in Feb. and wheeled it a couple times and ended up fawking it up for a friends B-day:rolleyes: So I have been fixing and upgrading:awesomework:

I just swapped in a 3/4 ton 44/60 combo under it with 4.88cogs, dual t-cases with 4.7s in the rear case. Both axles have custom cromo shafts:cool:

I want to know what the safest tire size I can run in a yota??? I'm on 36's but want to go atleast 39.5 iroks. . . but would really like the 42in sticky Irok or the 42in SX:cool:

Heres a pick of kinda how it looks now. . .

I would have kept the toy axles and put longs in them. Stronger than a 44.

I have snapped chromos with 36's on a D44.

My hp 44 didn't hold up to my 38 sx's

I have only broken one hub on my 60's in a couple years now.

My D44 didn't hold up at all with 39.5 TSL's I would break the cromo shafts every weekend or blow out the universal and take both inner and out with it.

I wouldn't run larger the a 37 with that D44 in there.

Last edited:
My D44 didn't hold up at all with 39.5 TSL's I would break the cromo shafts every weekend or blow out the universal and take both inner and out with it.

I wouldn't run larger the a 37 with that D44 in there.

What brand chromo's did you use? (I am jsut curious if one is more prone than another or if they're all just "bad")

I am thinking of getting the AlloyUSA ones... and maybe some longfield joints... :eeek:

39s or 42s on a D44? You gota be kidding me. I wouldnt run over 37s, I woulda kept the yota axles and run longs. Let me guess you still have a 30 spline D60 rear also?

What brand chromo's did you use? (I am jsut curious if one is more prone than another or if they're all just "bad")

I am thinking of getting the AlloyUSA ones... and maybe some longfield joints... :eeek:

This is what i understand about different alloys.
1) USA alloys are supposedly the best.
2) warn are pretty good but very expensive.
3) yukons.. they are the best deal and the warranty is pretty good

i went to yukon for the following reason.

1) if i broke an alloyusa shaft and it took out my longfield u-joint.. who's gonna pay for the u-joint? Not alloyusa cause its not thier u-joint. Probably not bobby cause the shaft caused the failure ( i wouldn't be supprised if he did, but i wouldn't)
2) warns.. same as above
3) yukons and super joints can be sold as a set, if one breaks and damages another they cover it. and i HAVE been down this road.

just another useless $.02

39s or 42s on a D44? You gota be kidding me. I wouldnt run over 37s, I woulda kept the yota axles and run longs. Let me guess you still have a 30 spline D60 rear also?

Not everyone needs 35 spline, NASA alloy, Space Polymer...

Throw some quality joints in the front...leave the front alone with only a Powerlock in it for now and have fun.

:eeek:

Not everyone needs 35 spline, NASA alloy, Space Polymer...

Throw some quality joints in the front...leave the front alone with only a Powerlock in it for now and have fun.

:eeek:

a powerlock on a trail rig with 39s or 42s is a waste. Might as well spend the money on a real locker and just run a smaller tire.

my buddie had a 44 with a detroit,yukon axel's an a 4 banger on 39.5 bogger's
an did ok untill he got a little rowdy an sure as **** there went the front end.:hi:

I run 36 iroks on Dana 44 with stock shafts. With a 4 cylinder and careful driving I haven't broken anything in it yet, 3 years of wheeling.

Now I highly anticipate breakage once I get a V6 and a T-case doubler. But I will deal with that when the time comes, for now I'm wheelin:awesomework:

31's!!!!:fawkdancesmiley: :haha: :haha:

J/K! If you've got alloys (you don't mention which brand) and some sort of ujoint in them (CTM, supers, whatever..) I'd take the advise of no bigger than 37's, if you drive it somewhat careful!!!

Last edited:
Thanx guys for the input:awesomework:

I have alloy usa shafts, I've used them in the past for another rig.

Yes in the rear I have a 35spline spool:beer:

The reason I ask is because i wheeled a fullsize wih a 44 with stock shafts on 36's and only broke one shaft. . . . .:eeek:

I'm pretty easy on ****, I dont use much go pedal when I wheel, So I was curious what you guys thought???????

When i wheeled with you you were pretty easy and finessed your way around i think you might get away with it for awhile with a 38 maybe a 39.5

When someone says "they're easy on the go pedal" it doesn't mean anything to me. I'm easy on the go pedal too, big whoop. I still break ****.

What matters are the FORCES the joints and shafts see. i.e. turning sharp into an undercut climb.......go pedal or not you're putting STRESS on your ****. We all have a buddy that has wheeled with stock birfs, wheeled with a D35, etc. and "...never broke one..." Useless information. (I never broke my D35 BTW :; )

Bottom line: tire size vs. axle strength is only a fraction of the issue.

Fly......you should just get your 39's and see how it goes. **** it!