• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired AAM 11.5" Housing

pjprice

Pulled out of a 2008 Duramax. Gears are crap. Housing is all that's good. Have 2 factory shafts that I'll let go with it. $175 $125

256-783-2854

Re: 14 Bolt Housing

4ee33e016ae143ae1fa04dcc8d75b9dc.jpg
1ca4612f542ab51082bfaef3bc35ad93.jpg

wellshilloffroad said:
Looks like an AAM 11.5 rear end. Is the carrier good?

Housing and shafts are all that I know is good. Carrier is probably alright but I haven't pulled it out and inspected it or anything.

jordan7118 said:
Yeah, that's not a 14-bolt.

I am aware it's an AAM 11.5" but I was under the impression that it is still considered a 14 bolt. Maybe not your traditional 14-bolt but still considered a 14 bolt. From what I've heard this is actually thicker and heavier than a traditional 14 bolt but still runs the same guts. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Without being a **** of course because I did state in the post what it came out of. Everything I've read this is considered an AAM 11.5" 14 Bolt.

pjprice said:
I am aware it's an AAM 11.5" but I was under the impression that it is still considered a 14 bolt. Maybe not your traditional 14-bolt but still considered a 14 bolt. From what I've heard this is actually thicker and heavier than a traditional 14 bolt but still runs the same guts. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Without being a **** of course because I did state in the post what it came out of. Everything I've read this is considered an AAM 11.5" 14 Bolt.
It may have 14 bolts on the cover, but that's about all it shares in common with the traditional "14BFF" Corporate rear 10.5" axle. What you have is a stout axle, but not in the 14-bolt family.

What spline count on axleshafts? Issue with this axle is aftermarket support and limited options for lockers and possibly even gears.

jordan7118 said:
It may have 14 bolts on the cover, but that's about all it shares in common with the traditional "14BFF" Corporate rear 10.5" axle. What you have is a stout axle, but not in the 14-bolt family.

What spline count on axleshafts? Issue with this axle is aftermarket support and limited options for lockers and possibly even gears.

30 spline. I'm not sure about gears but I know locker wise there are numerous options. Including ARB, Eaton, Detroit, as well as Yukon. But I appreciate the input buddy!

pjprice said:
30 spline. I'm not sure about gears but I know locker wise there are numerous options. Including ARB, Eaton, Detroit, as well as Yukon. But I appreciate the input buddy!
Believe there were two different spline counts offered, and one was the 30-spline that's same as 14BFF.

GLWS