• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Abandoned Cherokee removal from the Busywild

Sory dude. You are wrong. I have met the owner of the vehicle, I know where he lives, and it is kind of a sore subject.

The owner of the cherokee, drove it down in there and he left it there. He went back and took what he wanted off of it with the intention of removing the entire vechilce.

Nancy knows who it is. Why she hasn't made him get it out of there or send him a bill, I have no Idea.
It should be towed out and dumped on the fawkers front lawn. No reason for it to be there this long.:corn:

I don't know where Elbe is either.... I'm a real sad wheeler.... :booo: :booo:

1: Start out going SOUTH on 5TH ST toward MAIN ST. <0.1 miles Map

2: Turn RIGHT onto STEVENS AVE / US-2 / STEVENS PASS HWY. Continue to follow US-2 / STEVENS PASS HWY. 7.9 miles Map

3: Turn RIGHT onto WA-522. 0.2 miles Map

4: Stay STRAIGHT to go onto WA-522 W. 13.0 miles Map

5: Merge onto I-405 S toward BELLEVUE. 21.6 miles Map

6: Merge onto WA-167 S via EXIT 2A toward KENT / AUBURN. 20.4 miles Map

7: Merge onto WA-512 W toward PUYALLUP / OLYMPIA. 3.4 miles Map

8: Take the exit toward SOUTH HILL / WA-161 S / EATONVILLE. 0.3 miles Map

9: Turn LEFT onto 104TH ST E / WA-161. Continue to follow WA-161. 23.0 miles Map

10: Turn LEFT onto MASHELL AVE S / WA-161. Continue to follow WA-161. 2.8 miles Map

11: Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto MOUNTAIN HWY E / WA-7. 9.8 miles Map

12: Turn LEFT onto 541ST ST E. <0.1 miles Map

13: Turn RIGHT onto 181ST AVE CT E. <0.1 miles Map

14: End at Elbe, WA US Map

Total Est. Time: 2 hours, 4 minutes Total Est. Distance: 103.13 miles

I believe the Cherokee is still on the trail, it is hard to recognize. Some people have started to cut it up and remove pieces with battery powered sawzalls, and unbolting parts. The main unibody needs to be cut up with a torch. That is the easiest way to remove it from the trail. If anyone knows who the owner is please post his name and phone number so I can contact him. I also removed the Cherokee from Evans Creek, the one that was in a 20foot deep ravine upside down. Jared(the owner) called me and said that he didnt know what to do, so we winched it out, cut it up, and hauled it to a scrapyard.

1: Start out going SOUTH on 5TH ST toward MAIN ST. <0.1 miles Map

2: Turn RIGHT onto STEVENS AVE / US-2 / STEVENS PASS HWY. Continue to follow US-2 / STEVENS PASS HWY. 7.9 miles Map

3: Turn RIGHT onto WA-522. 0.2 miles Map

4: Stay STRAIGHT to go onto WA-522 W. 13.0 miles Map

5: Merge onto I-405 S toward BELLEVUE. 21.6 miles Map

6: Merge onto WA-167 S via EXIT 2A toward KENT / AUBURN. 20.4 miles Map

7: Merge onto WA-512 W toward PUYALLUP / OLYMPIA. 3.4 miles Map

8: Take the exit toward SOUTH HILL / WA-161 S / EATONVILLE. 0.3 miles Map

9: Turn LEFT onto 104TH ST E / WA-161. Continue to follow WA-161. 23.0 miles Map

10: Turn LEFT onto MASHELL AVE S / WA-161. Continue to follow WA-161. 2.8 miles Map

11: Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto MOUNTAIN HWY E / WA-7. 9.8 miles Map

12: Turn LEFT onto 541ST ST E. <0.1 miles Map

13: Turn RIGHT onto 181ST AVE CT E. <0.1 miles Map

14: End at Elbe, WA US Map

Total Est. Time: 2 hours, 4 minutes Total Est. Distance: 103.13 miles

Down by Mt. Rainer? Cool....

Sorry, can't make it. Wish I could.

The story on this Cherokee is that no one will tell the truth. Per Nancy, the LEGAL owner sold it to the guy who drove it on the trail, but the title transfer was never done. They guy who bought it denies that he bought it so that the legal owner will get stuck with it.

This is the reason why it sat there for so long. The DNR would not allow us to remove it because the legal ownership could not be determined.

So the lesson is, ALWAYS send in the title transfer when you sell a vehicle.

Thanks for the clarification guys, we all appreciate you taking the time to get that pile out. Who ever bought it and left it there.....You should be a man and show to help.

The Cherokee is an eye sore and it needs to be removed. I have a torch and am willing to spend the weekend with some friends to try and get this thing out. This is probably the worst time of year to try this, but it sounds like fun to me. Three of my friends tried to run the Busywild trail on New Years, but there was too much snow to even get to where the Cherokee is (they were running Jeeps w/39.5 Swampers). Tomorrow most people have other stuff to do, but Sunday I got more people willing to help. So Sunday at 10:30 we are meeting in the parking lot of the Elbe Lions Club, where 92 road begins. Thanks.

Last edited:
Leadfoot067 will be riding with me for this and Fred is also bringin his rig too. This is a great idea Corey!! Lets get this thing out of there.

That does seem to be it, first at Evans, then Elbe, now the new one at Reiter, damn cherokees....

Yeah...... Damn Cherokee's!

*(never see or hear anything about us REAL jeeps leaving our rigs behind!

:fawkdancesmiley:

Kinda wierd, there was a fairly well-equipped Grand Cher up at North Fork sitting almost unseeable off the logging road for like the last month; went up to try and remove it, It was GONE!!!!:booo:

Yeah...... Damn Cherokee's!

*(never see or hear anything about us REAL jeeps leaving our rigs behind!

:fawkdancesmiley:
That's because the average totalled CJ/YJ/TJ is worth more than the average daily driven Cherokee:stirpot:

Update: Started the Busywild at 11:30
Toyota broke a tierod end at 11:31
Headed back with a new part 1:00

Latest posts