• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Academy St, Bellingham CLOSED

japerry

It was bound to happen sooner or later. I heard rumors that the road went in last this summer, and yup, there is no more wheeling allowed on academy!

New road blazed in near the old entrance was, and a barricade now limits access.
main.php

main.php

Builder started doing restoration of old trails under the power lines
main.php

No trespassing signs everywhere, and some makeshift gates that don't really work :redneck:
main.php

So if you were wondering if you could go up here, you now know the answer. NO!

I was under the assumption that it had been closed for over 10 years? People were still going up there but it was a closed area technically as in it was an illegal spot to wheel.

Whatcom county is screwed anyways when it comes to wheeling trails, take a trip to fairhaven, look around and you will understand.

I was under the assumption that it had been closed for over 10 years? People were still going up there but it was a closed area technically as in it was an illegal spot to wheel.

It was technically open until last summer. Mr Iverson, who owns it, gave us permission himself "until the construction process begins. You'll see the signs go up, and we ask you to stay away when that happens"

Whatcom county is screwed anyways when it comes to managed wheeling trails, take a trip to fairhaven, look around and you will understand.

There fixed it for ya ;)

Between looking around at fairhaven, and then looking around at who wheels often in this county, its pretty clear that both sides don't want legal 4wheeling here.

It was technically open until last summer. Mr Iverson, who owns it, gave us permission himself "until the construction process begins. You'll see the signs go up, and we ask you to stay away when that happens"

There fixed it for ya ;)

Between looking around at fairhaven, and then looking around at who wheels often in this county, its pretty clear that both sides don't want legal 4wheeling here.

True story, most people up here dont want the management that comes with legal trails.

Although I would like some where more local to legally wheel, I quit wheeling non legal spots 10 years ago when I got out of high school and became a little more educated as to what illegal wheeling spots do for out sport. walker gets old and everywhere else is a full on trip, which is fine but if I just want to wheel a Saturday I dont want to have a $300 gas bill into it.