• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ad-Valorum car tag prices in GA WTF!!!

FroggF350

I just bought the 2013 tag for the 2012 truck I bought new 2-1/2 months ago... $707.08
almost made me :puke:
They valued the truck for more than I paid for it new, and said the rebates and discounts aren`t considered when figuring ad-valorum taxes...
I also found out today that if you buy a vehicle from a private individual, you will have to pay 7% of that vehicles "Fair Market Value" when you register it with the state, no matter how much you actually paid for it. And if I understood her correctly, you will be paying taxes on "Fair Market Value" if you buy it from a dealer also, since the sales tax on vehicle purchases will going be away. So no more tax relief for trade-ins!!!
These freaking taxes never end. No wonder all private business owners are shutting down.
Im paying just under 50% of my income in taxes when you consider income tax, gas tax, sales tax, property tax, ad-valorum tax, and what ever other taxes they force on us... it may be more than 50%.
Im dont know how people make it that work only for themselves and report everything LEGALLY.

FroggF350 said:
I just bought the 2013 tag for the 2012 truck I bought new 2-1/2 months ago... $707.08
almost made me :puke:
They valued the truck for more than I paid for it new, and said the rebates and discounts aren`t considered when figuring ad-valorum taxes...
I also found out today that if you buy a vehicle from a private individual, you will have to pay 7% of that vehicles "Fair Market Value" when you register it with the state, no matter how much you actually paid for it. And if I understood her correctly, you will be paying taxes on "Fair Market Value" if you buy it from a dealer also, since the sales tax on vehicle purchases will going be away. So no more tax relief for trade-ins!!!
These freaking taxes never end. No wonder all private business owners are shutting down.
Im paying just under 50% of my income in taxes when you consider income tax, gas tax, sales tax, property tax, ad-valorum tax, and what ever other taxes they force on us... it may be more than 50%.
Im dont know how people make it that work only for themselves and report everything LEGALLY.

That is pretty sucky for sure! Crazy that they use full retail on the taxes. Anytime I've gone in to register a new-to-me vehicle they have figured taxes based on the stated value.

ridered3 said:
That is pretty sucky for sure! Crazy that they use full retail on the taxes. Anytime I've gone in to register a new-to-me vehicle they have figured taxes based on the stated value.
I got her to call the tax commisher and see if they could lower it since I had the paperwork on what I actually paid for it, and she was told it doesnt matter what he paid or what he thinks its worth...

It's only a matter of time and the new revolutionary war will be forced to happen.you can only take so much before people will stop giving,and I don't know personally how much more I can give before it's not worth working for.and then the lazy bastards who do nothing and expect a check just because they breathe will be the one start the war and then we will be forced to fight for what's already ours.they tax you it when you make it,they tax you when you spend it,they tax you when you save it,and after Jan 1st they take 50% of it when you die and leave it to your children. And this is suppose to be the land of the free,yea right. Chad :dblthumb:

I live in ga and the other day I got my renewal forms and there isn't a price to renew on either vehicle reckon I'll just have to go to tag office ???

5BrothersFabrication said:
That's why every vehicle I've ever owned I only paid "$100" for it! Well, except the 2 I bought at car lots and 1 brand new one.
The amount you paid for it doesnt matter neither does your trade in affect taxes. They go by the vin# and the retail book value. No way around it unless you dont buy a tag...

In MS they charge sales tax at dealer new or used based on purchase price, but if you buy from individual you pay when you buy a tag and it is based on their value of the vehicle no matter what you payed. the same vehicle gets taxed everytime it sells, should be taxed only one time!

:flipoff1:

Attachments

• facebook_-1342073643.jpg
    facebook_-1342073643.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 269
gasman said:
after Jan 1st they take 50% of it when you die and leave it to your children. And this is suppose to be the land of the free,yea right. Chad :dblthumb:

whats this all about i aint heard nothing about that?

FroggF350 said:
The amount you paid for it doesnt matter neither does your trade in affect taxes. They go by the vin# and the retail book value. No way around it unless you dont buy a tag...
I should have added, I live in Tennessee.

ridenrace6 said:
whats this all about i aint heard nothing about that?
It's the fiscal cliff **** they've been talking about. It's kinda like the country falls into a limp mode and cuts a **** ton of spending and raises a **** ton of taxes, by default. Spook in chief is worried about cutting entitlements, republicans worried about raising taxes, it's gonna fall into limp mode if everyone sticks to their principles.

Don't complain too much. Tax rates are much higher in Yankee States. And don't worry I hear Ford Trucks drop in value so fast, next year wont nearly be as bad... :flipoff1: