• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Adoption update

The Luke said:
Sitting here bored in the nicu...
5cb3984ad8264253827021814bc21a0b.jpg

Is be back in nicu?

Haven't left yet. This is day 10. There were some complications during labor. Stuff got crazy and they almost lost mom and baby. So they're just being cautious. He's doing great though, almost out. Just waiting on the stamp of approval.

Re:

Remember, I am weird. But this applies. Babies get a toddler flavor in 6-7 months. The same kiss to the neck goes from baby powder to drool chito. Love and kiss on that little one now, before stinky toddler, stinky 5 year old and unbearable teenager shows up.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Re:

Our twins spent almost 2 weeks in the NICU. They even got the blue light treatment (jaundice). I was out of town working when my wife called and said they were taking them early, made it to the hospital in time to stay awake several days stressing. I could tell you every baby born for the first week. Our prayers were answered and yours will be as well. Still praying for y'all. When we was able to bring them home(seemed longer than month) I drove like a grandma on the ride home. Lol. Since their birth 3 years ago my perspective has changed on so much stuff. To me that's something I never even considered. Congrats again and let us know if y'all need anything.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. He's getting absolutely spoiled with love. My dad surprised us and showed up at the wrong branch of our hospital and almost got arrested for trying to get into the wrong nicu. That was a pretty good laugh.

His little roommate has jaundice and is getting the blue light treatment right now. I've spent 3 days straight in a solid blue room. My eyes are in semi panic mode. Lol

He's getting closer though. I'd guess within two days of getting out of here if we can get his poop to get a little more solid. I'm becoming an expert poop analyst.

ha! when my cousin's baby was born I went to see them and just walked in because the door was open. next thing I know two cops are about to draw down on me because I was walking around trying to find their room. at the time it was kind of worrisome but now it makes a good laugh.

That's basically how this went. My dad is a little quirky too. He is super short tempered and full of smart elec remarks. So I'd of paid good money to see the security guys hassling him. I bet he was about to lose his crap when they told him there was no baby by that name at that hospital.

The Luke said:
That's basically how this went. My dad is a little quirky too. He is super short tempered and full of smart elec remarks. So I'd of paid good money to see the security guys hassling him. I bet he was about to lose his crap when they told him there was no baby by that name at that hospital.

They take that **** pretty serious. I guess custody disputes or whatever prevents kidnappings so I see why they are that way.

Exactly. Especially in an adoption. They didn't know if it was bio grand parent or adoptive grand parent. Neither did we since it was a surprise. Lol

Those swaddle blankets that you posted that pic in are the ****. When I had my 20 yr old that wasn't going on then, but when we had my 3 yr old we bought 2,m I think, every night when you put him in it he knew it was sleep time and would just go right out.Funny thinking about how he loved being bundled up then, but you cant even keep a sheet on him now. Kids are fn crazy as you are about to find out.Enjoy it, it sure seems like yall have had to work for it.

Dude, I've got this swaddling stuff down. The nicu nurses have put me through boot camp. 11 days ago I was terrified. Now, I'm changing diapers and applying butt cream like it's nobodies biddness

Haha that's what I've told the nurses. I'd be pissed off if anyone tied me up like that.

He generally sleeps best with one arm out. He'll throw up the occasional praise hand in his sleep.

We outta there!!! Got discharged about an hour ago. Made it back to our apartment and are loving every second of it. Just waiting on paperwork to finalize and we're headed a back to TN. Hopefully by Friday!
367a7c78fb5d897113066f5a4b6c8589.jpg

Congrats man! I'm proud of you two for being so strong and determined throughout this whole process. This kid has some great parents, I can tell that already.

Hug him tight, I love mine like nothing I've ever imagined.

Again man, congrats to you both.

onepieceatatime said:
That's awesome!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Thanks man, we can't wait. We got the call Monday that Jonah's birth mom is pregnant and wanted to know if we'd be interested in adopting the baby girl due July 21. It's been a mad scramble to make it happen. But God came through again and again.