• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Advise for selling/buying house

J.A.B said:
One less middle man the better of you are - cash deals eye to eye and hand shakes are always best - just my opinion but you can get burned in anything if you let happen.

Brokers and Realtors I think are most handy when trying to sell but I just like to go straight to the source when buying. Nothing against either - hell I make my living as a broker :dblthumb:
buying....it costs the sellers unless they won't come down the commission amount.
selling, you give them 7ish% of your ****.

Find a new person who just got their realtor license and agree on a cheap commission. They'll be happy as hell that they even made a sell. A lot of realtors come and go like farts, so take advantage of one of those. Make them do all the paperwork and legwork and give them a percent or more less than what the standard is. When we sold our first house in March of 2008 the guy was hard up and was bargaining his commission deal before we even said anything. He didn't make all that much at all really. But, he was happy he made a sale. It sold in the first week because of him. He called about 5 realtors when he was sitting at our dining room table with us and started spreading the word as soon as we told him our asking price. It was sold a week later. I feel he helped us big time. Just my two cents.

Get ready for the circus dealing with mortgage companies. I'm a nice guy and I told one company to go f::k off I was so offended when we bought our last house. LIterally offended. This was 3 weeks before closing too. Found another company through a referral from a friend and they couldn't believe what the other company was asking me to do. The guy went and got other people in the office for me to tell them the story and they all had a good laugh.