• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Aetna Mtn Chattanooga TN

Dvaughn1971

Stormechaser Offroad Video Productions and 4 others shared We Rock Aetna Mtn TN's status update.

We Rock Aetna Mtn TN
IMPORTANT INFORMATION! TWRA is planning to close Aetna March12th 2012. This is not a rumor, it is the trueth! WeRock is having and OPEN RIDE January 28th gates open @ 10:00am. It is FREE TO EVERYONE! I will have a petition there, that I hope everyone will feel free to sign. This petition will be signed to help keep TWRA property open to ATV Riders and not just Deer Hunters. Tell everyone you know to be there! We CAN make a differance and now is the time to prove it! Thank you all and I hope to see everyone @ the Werock Gate January 28th opening @ 10:00am. Please repost this to your FB Page and get the word out.

I know this is kind of last minute but I just received this info everyone that can go and show support would be appreciated .

So is TWRA going to CLOSE it on the 12th? :flipoff1:

I'm down, only rode there once back a couple years ago, but Chattanooga is a short drive down.

Also, where is the WEROCK lease/gate? I've only been in through the subdivision.

WeRock is located @ 299 Pulltight Rd. Whiteside,Tn.37396
Take Hwy. I-24 to exit 169 (WILDWOOD). @ stop sign, turn left. Go 3.5 miles (right past the Marion County Sign ) turn right (No Road Sign There). Go over small bridge turn right, go over RR Tracks straight to Front Gate!
For further info Call Christie 423-902-0266

Hope to see everyone there!

My understanding is they are trying to close the whole Mtn to ATV access still be open to hunting. we need to start fighting to keep it open now it will be allot easier to keep it open than it will be to get it reopened after it is closed

Dvaughn1971 said:
My understanding is they are trying to close the whole Mtn to ATV access still be open to hunting. we need to start fighting to keep it open now it will be allot easier to keep it open than it will be to get it reopened after it is closed

I noticed you mentioned ATVs but not jeeps?

I was using ATV as a generic term to include off road vehicals but if you are only concerned about them trying to keep jeeps off the mtn your all good you can get fired up about this one

In addition to our effort to stop this nonsense we need to find out who is making these decisions,who is in charge of putting these people in place and who is the first elected person in line we can vote out of office. When this decision was made I am sure they knew there would be opposition to this idea from the same people that have opposed every other plan restrict access to the Mtn. The idea that this decision has anything to do with erosion is preposterous judging by the solution.I am not an engineer but paving A road up the side of A mtn and altering the course of natural runoff does not sound like a solution to erosion to me.I would also be interested to find out what is going on at the planning commission in regards to the expansion of the subdivision and how they are going to deal with erosion and runoff when they start their expansion up the Mtn. If it sounds like I am suggesting that this decision may have been influenced by real estate developers and not out of A genuine effort to protect the environment it is because spending the money on a road and parking in this economy lot to give hunters access to the mtn as far as they can walk and then carry a deer out doesn't make sense to me. I would like to give someone the opportunity to explain how this is a good investment that they are making with the money I pay for my hunting license every year and my tax dollars. I would also like to see what kind of public support they have for this idea.........Progress coming to a Mtn near you......

I pay for my hunting license every year as well, I also know people that is on the aetna hunting lease. From what those people tell me they stay from the pond over toward the old wall. I also support ridding 100%, and feel that all they are trying to do is shut something down that people have done for a looong time. Not everthing that goes on up there is not right, but crossing the street down town chattanooga with out the proper light is not right neither, but I dont see them shutting those streets down. I choose to take my kid and ride every where I go and while he is with me i feel that he is safe. All these people are trying to do is take one more thing away from mine and your kids to do on the weekend. This makes me sick :puke:

unfortunately they are trying to take much more than something for me and my children to do on the weekend. They are trying to take A way of life and rob my children of memories of weekends on the Mtn camping and riding, stories to share with my grandchildren and their children, time spent with my daughters working on trucks cooking over an open fire and sleeping under the stars with god and nature. If they were trying to close the mall they would be taking something to do on the weekend they are trying to take character and life experience from my children. My daughters can cook a full meal over an open fire while they fix your truck you can't learn that playing Xbox or sitting in front of A television. I am glad to see someone on here that has chosen to represent our southern history and quote popcorn you must be well aware that is not the first time the government has come knocking asking us to sell our future but this time it is not coal or timber that they are after it is our beautiful Mtn views and southern hospitality they can turn for a quick profit to people from areas of the country that have had so much progress they pull their blinds so they don't have to look at it and can't let their children out of the house for fear of the rampant crime. I agree there are some bad apples on the Mtn not everyone does the right thing all the time but there has been A big effort to get rid of these people and great progress made in the last few years. The Mtn is safer and cleaner than it has been in years but after we are gone who will keep it that way closing the mtn won't keep those people out and with the people that care about the mtn gone they will have free reign

Dvaughn1971 said:
WeRock is located @ 299 Pulltight Rd. Whiteside,Tn.37396
Take Hwy. I-24 to exit 169 (WILDWOOD). @ stop sign, turn left. Go 3.5 miles (right past the Marion County Sign ) turn right (No Road Sign There). Go over small bridge turn right, go over RR Tracks straight to Front Gate!
For further info Call Christie 423-902-0266

Hope to see everyone there!

so this is how to get to aetna mountain? can i get a close by address for gps? thanks man never been wanna come out to support the offroading community!

If TWRA has set close dates, its safe to say we wont stop it. But i will be there saturday and have signed it along with many others..hope it isnt the next Tellico ::)

natedawgxj said:
so this is how to get to aetna mountain? can i get a close by address for gps? thanks man never been wanna come out to support the offroading community!
you going up? anybody else in the jacksonville or surronding area going? no ballgames that day may load the family up and go check aetna out for a good cause

Me and a buddy from irondale thats all i know as of now we are gonna leave out early Saturday morning and beat on the heep ! sent me a pm of your number and y'all can follow us!