• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Air hose

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
My air hose on my HF reels is cracking which I was totally aware of and need replaced.

Whats a good quality rubber air hose? I had heard a few in passing but for the life of me I can't recall the names.

Parker is what you will find being used at a lot of manufactures. Their push-lok hose holds up very well, but will require push-lok fittings. Goodyear makes quality air hoses also.

I bought my first Goodyear hose on Monday to tie together 2 tanks. Now I want to throw away my other hoses and buy new Goodyear.

Feels super sturdy yet flexible and easy to coil up.
https://www.amazon.com/Goodyear-465...=1465397407&sr=8-8&keywords=goodyear+air+hose

They don't make it easy to compare, but the Goodyear red appears to be a different construction.
https://www.amazon.com/Good-Year-12...=1465397407&sr=8-3&keywords=goodyear+air+hose

Even between the yellow, there appears to be 2 different material types.
https://www.amazon.com/Good-Year-Ye...=1465397407&sr=8-5&keywords=goodyear+air+hose

I forgot about the goodyear stuff and I am pretty sure thats what I have in my gold bar shop.

Yes HF has 25' goodyear hoses that are pretty nice. I don't care for the black hose though when strung out in the hot sun it will damn near burn your hands after a while.

I love the "Flexilla" hoses. You don't have to fight a stiff line, because they're super flexible.
It makes using hand tools a lot easier, in my opinion.

The "good year" hose from HF is crap. Nice and flexible because it's thin and super vulnerable to puncture. 5 years after I bought it i still have a few short pieces ive turned into whips for tools and have kept it inside at all times are porous in many spots and cracked end to end.

I have a red craftsman hose I bought about 9 years ago that is still my main hose. No leaks at all.

I love the "Flexilla" hoses. You don't have to fight a stiff line, because they're super flexible.
It makes using hand tools a lot easier, in my opinion.

I forgot about the flexzilla stuff..

Just need something that holds up to the daily abuse I put it thru.

The "good year" hose from HF is crap. Nice and flexible because it's thin and super vulnerable to puncture. 5 years after I bought it i still have a few short pieces ive turned into whips for tools and have kept it inside at all times are porous in many spots and cracked end to end.

I have a red craftsman hose I bought about 9 years ago that is still my main hose. No leaks at all.

My good year hose from HF is 10 years old and still fine. *shrug*

You must beat your hose a lot, Trashy. :fawkdancesmiley:

Get the Parker Push-Lok (blue in color) hose, and don't look back, rated for 300psi, has excellent flexibility, and doesn't swell with petroleum based products like the rubber hose can...
:awesomework:

If by some chance you do cut it by dropping something on it, the push-lok repair couplers are almost invisible when in, and will not bulk up the hose...ask me how I know! :redneck:

Thanks for the input

Attachments

• tmp_6876-20160622_180015-291566238.jpg
    tmp_6876-20160622_180015-291566238.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 80
Nice!!
The flexzillas at work have held up well as far as I can tell. It gets used all day everyday. Run over, walked on, laquer thinner, all kinds of stuff.