• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Alabama LTCH/CCW

twentyfootdaredevil

I live in Indiana and we have a LTCH that allows us to either open or conceal carry pretty much anywhere except .gov bldgs. We have the option to buy a lifetime lisc whitch I have.

I might be moving to Alabama in the near future and I was wondering what the gun laws were like down there.

I read that you have to buy a lisc every year. Does the state issue a permit at will?

Show up at the court house, background check, $10-$20 (depending on county) and you're good. No lifetime that I know of....Renew every year. Pretty good gun laws down here. :****:

Awesome! You guys dont have to register any firearms there do you? They might call the ATF on my ass.

What about suppresors? Legal to own, legal to hunt with?

twentyfootdaredevil said:
Awesome! You guys dont have to register any firearms there do you? They might call the ATF on my ass.

What about suppresors? Legal to own, legal to hunt with?

I hope not....Never registered one. lol Naw man....typical ATF call on a new one is all.

If you got the proper paper work...Legal to own...NOT hunt with.

I just renewed mine in mail. It was 20. Filled the form out online and went down there 3 days later and it was waiting on me. You have to give the serial number and stuff off a pistol and they register it too you but after that you can carry anything.

BUG-E J said:
You have to give the serial number and stuff off a pistol and they register it too you but after that you can carry anything.

Go with the "unrestricted" option, that way you don't have to give them a serial number and you can carry anything (that is legal). loller.gif

In Jefferson county (Birmingham) the license is $7.50 a year, but the renewal is up to you, as in, they don't send a mailer out like they use to telling you that it is about to expire. ::)

Re: Alabama LTCH/CCW

Just renewed mine. $15 and unrestricted. Here in Walket Co they dont even ask anymore if you want to register one. They just give you the paperwork for unrestricted.

Also on the guns you have or buy from individual you dont have to register them. Only when you buy new from dealer.

Same in calhoun county. Think mine cost 10 or 15 now and they do send out a mailer to remind you once a year

That is pretty good. Here in Mississippi you have to got to the state highway patrol office and take an application you have to have notarized with 2 forms of picture id. You also have to supply your own picture for the file, but they will pull your drivers license picture for the id. They fingerprint you and you have to have either cash or a money order for $120. Then in about 8 weeks you will get your CCW in the mail, looks like a drivers license. It is good for 4 years. Just another money making racket in this state.

wontwork said:
Just renewed mine. $15 and unrestricted. Here in Walket Co they dont even ask anymore if you want to register one. They just give you the paperwork for unrestricted.

Also on the guns you have or buy from individual you dont have to register them. Only when you buy new from dealer.

Yeah They did mine un restricted without me even asking. I bought a small 38 from academy recently, is that registered to my name?

leeman1790 said:
Yeah They did mine un restricted without me even asking. I bought a small 38 from academy recently, is that registered to my name?

I was told the dealer keeps the paperwork for a certain amount of time, maybe 3 years, and that was the only way it could be tracked to you. But at the same time, when they call out all your personal info and the serial number of the firearm over the phone... kinda makes me think other wise unless big brother is just checking to make sure it's not stolen. :dunno:

Academy does all there stuff online. Thats why you can walk out with your gun, no watiing period. I'm sure all that stuff is permanent with the state or something.