• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

alaskan cruise pics added

benfowler87

leavin out on the 3rd to seattle then headed north on a cruise ship to alaska. i know some of yall have done this before, whats the best excursions to do?

Re: alaskan cruise

Go through Glacier bay .... we started in Ketchukan I wish I could recall were we got off the ship cause that was the coolest place ****. LOL

Then we rented a F350 with a camper in the bed and spent a week traveling in to British Columbia and the Yukon.

Badass trip...

Train ride in Skagway was cool, it is a must do. Take the lift up the side of the mountain in Juneau. You can also go white water rafting in Valdez, that was pretty cool. We also did a whale watching tour and it was very good as well. Do NOT do any of the fishing trips unless you do the one that they fly you in to fly fish in the streams. Some took a helicopter up to a glacier and said that was very nice. If I can think of anything else I will post up.

Which cruise line you going with? we are leaving out of seattle the 3rd as well!! One of my friends said to get tickets to watch the stihl wood competion in Ketchikan!!

cicero said:
Which cruise line you going with? we are leaving out of seattle the 3rd as well!! One of my friends said to get tickets to watch the stihl wood competion in Ketchikan!!

Norweign I think

Glacier bay is awesome. Sounds corny but the salmon fish hatchery in ?? I think Juneau is very interesting.

When we went, we did the Helicopter ride up on top of the glacier and got out and walked around. Pretty wild, as you can hear the glacier cracking very loud under your feet knowing it is 500+ feet deep, then kept flying up to the top of a mountain and got out and ate chocolate and drank Champagne with the pilot. Can't drink and fly, WRONG. Your in Alaska. Also took the White pass train ride, great trip through the mountains. Took the Backcountry Jeep and Canoe safari. Four wheelin and paddling across one deep ass lake. Glacier Bay is an awesome sight, watching the glacier break off and falling into the water is wild. Go walk around Ketchikan into the city portion and watch the Lumberjack competition, they're impressive. Pretty much can't go wrong with anything on shore when your there. I'd go again in a heart beat and someday will. :dblthumb:

bigsilly said:
Train ride in Skagway was cool, it is a must do. Take the lift up the side of the mountain in Juneau. You can also go white water rafting in Valdez, that was pretty cool. We also did a whale watching tour and it was very good as well. Do NOT do any of the fishing trips unless you do the one that they fly you in to fly fish in the streams. Some took a helicopter up to a glacier and said that was very nice. If I can think of anything else I will post up.

Train in Skagway... you nailed it dood, **** I could not remember the name of Skagway. That place was awesome ! That train ride is killer too, on top of the mountain it seemed like we were on the moon or something. I was a Sophmore and had not been many places ( top of a mountain... **** Im from Ks ) and I really loved that trip !

Yeah Skagway is a very cool town. It is what you think of when you think of a typical Alaskan town.

bigsilly said:
Yeah Skagway is a very cool town. It is what you think of when you think of a typical Alaskan town.

Do you remember seeing the Locomotive with the snow plow on display downtown. Looked like something out of StarWars for the time. :dblthumb:

[attachment deleted by admin]

CHASMAN9 said:
Do you remember seeing the Locomotive with the snow plow on display downtown. Looked like something out of StarWars for the time. :dblthumb:
Yeah I do remember that. I had forgotten about it. I liked the building downtown that had all of the driftwood on the front. Skagway was by far my favorite stop.

I liked Ketchikan too, we chartered a fishing boat. My first time "at sea" and being from Kansas I threw up like a sum bitch LOL

It worked though, I chummed up all sorts of Salmon. I also caught a 4/5ft shark but the captain cut it loose and said he wouldnt bring it on board. I ended up getting a Pink Salmon ( Humpy ) mounted and it's hanging above the doorway in my garage matter of fact.

I ate the biggest Halibut steak I had ever seen in my life... matter of fact it was the biggest piece of fish cooked I had ever seen in my life ! :eat:

Great trip, man now I want to go through all the pic's and stuff again drool

009.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

021.jpg

036.jpg

040.jpg

035.jpg

038.jpg

043.jpg

056.jpg

209.jpg

210.jpg

251.jpg

252.jpg

254.jpg

256.jpg

258.jpg

259.jpg

268.jpg

283.jpg

AWESOME MAN, AWESOME. I recognize alot of those pictures and can't wait to go back. But, who's the dude in the black cape? :flipoff1: Amazing how there just now getting Star Wars. molaugh More pics please.

Nice.... I have alot of the same pics too ! That place is awesome , hell we were talking about Alaska cruise's last night in the garage dood ! :dblthumb:

( whats with the weirdo's and pan handling. When I was in Hawaii earlier this year they were all over the place like that.... damn carny folk ! :wtflol: )