• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

alignment shop

boxboy

can I be your friend...
I just bought new tires and I am wanting to get an alignment on my truck is there a better place to take a big truck too or any old alignment shop is just as good as any other?

Most should be able to do, just make sure you get a print out of the reading. And make sure they dont do a quick toe set.....

Yep, most competent alignment shops should be able to take care of an F250 (SD I presume?)...And X2 on making sure you get a before and after readout printed out for you to look at the numbers. We've got a KILLER machine at work, but we're not allowed to use the shop equipment for personal rigs, not even our own...:booo:

some shops won't be able to fit your truck on the alignment rack, but they should let you know right after you tell them what your vehicle is.

OK any leads on a competent shop then?

You know, I do not in your area...And I normally wouldn't do this (promote), but Les Schwab on James Street here in B'ham does have the same machine we do here at work. I know a couple guys (known them for a long time) there I would trust, and have trusted to do the job correctly...
And yes, they can fit a crewbus long box truck if needed...

so if you're interested. I took the ford to Seth at dicks tire haus and he fixed the truck, It drives real nice now! :awesomework:

But he told me I needed to have the steering box adjusted to take the play out? How do I do that?

Scott, on the SD steering boxes, if they have any play--I would advise not to adjust the play out of it, it will wear out waaaay quicker when changing the current wear position...My advice, call Redhead steering in seattle and pick up a reman box...:awesomework: