• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

All y'all with dem LS's (Money hiders)

Re: Re: All y'all with dem LS's (Money hiders)

crawler nut said:
Drive by cable for me. My 6.0 came DBW but changed it to DBC because I can tie a shoe string to the TB to get out of the woods if I have to. DBW goes out, your out of luck. thumb.gif And a Walbro 255 for me.
Carried a spare throttle pedal in my buggy box for 5 years....never pulled it out with mast ecm, harness and their pedal...

Matt

Previous fuel system; walbro external 255, pre and post filter, corvette filter/regulator at rail with stock dead head fuel rails. Carried a spare pump and pedal 5 years and never used either. Engine- stock 06 corvette ls2 with mast harness, tune, and computer.

New build, same motor, new goatbuilt fuel cell which accepts a stock Gm truck drop in pump, using a walbro stock replacement, again with a 255 internal on the factory hanger. Nice, fat o-ring under the fuel plate with a factory pump ring and fast fill. 18 gallons poly, with aluminum can approved for racing.

a3372d9d64fb650cff976b4b95f92bf7.jpg

5109b52a3cead9727a9878aba2fc7a19.jpg

93ce5c486eb7a28e714d1fbdddc35b20.jpg

Matt

mcutler said:
Carried a spare throttle pedal in my buggy box for 5 years....never pulled it out with mast ecm, harness and their pedal...

Matt

I actually carried 2 spares based on everyone's irrational fears. Never pulled them either, ended up eBaying one.

Honestly, I think with a properly setup up system you would be more likely to break all 4 axle shafts and both driveshafts before DBW failed so bad that you couldn't even limp off the trail. Most fail modes for it still allow limp home mode.

I'm sure that someone here has nightmare stories about it though.

Re:

mcutler said:
Agreed^^^^

Lol, got the pump part number and pic from your post on pirate patooyee

Matt

Thanks. I figured we were reading some of the same stuff. I got that part number from Hydrodynamic though so I don't want to take credit.

I have since found other possibly better options as well.

For instance, Delphi FG0341 is slightly higher volume but has a steel top plate instead of plastic:

FG0341V__ra_p.jpg

DBW on Mast M120 and its bad ass. The DBW seems to be much more responsive than and DBC I've had.

I'm swapping my other buggy from DBC to DBW and using the Mast M90 stuff on it. I think the end result is better.

2012 Jim's Garage YJ
2013 Wide Open Design WFO
Next one is in the oven!

patooyee said:
Thanks. I figured we were reading some of the same stuff. I got that part number from Hydrodynamic though so I don't want to take credit.

I have since found other possibly better options as well.

For instance, Delphi FG0341 is slightly higher volume but has a steel top plate instead of plastic:

FG0341V__ra_p.jpg
Yes I like the metal top, thanks for posting that.
crawlin85cj said:
DBW on Mast M120 and its bad ass. The DBW seems to be much more responsive than and DBC I've had.

I'm swapping my other buggy from DBC to DBW and using the Mast M90 stuff on it. I think the end result is better.

2012 Jim's Garage YJ
2013 Wide Open Design WFO
Next one is in the oven!
Mine is a m90. Has a 40hp tune from mast built for the stock internal true ls2. I actually shortened the pedal in the buggy to have less of a lever for smoother throttle application in the fast sections.

Matt

mcutler said:
Yes I like the metal top, thanks for posting that. Mine is a m90. Has a 40hp tune from mast built for the stock internal true ls2. I actually shortened the pedal in the buggy to have less of a lever for smoother throttle application in the fast sections.

Matt

If someone picks up one of the ones with the metal top I would like to know the size of that bigger fitting. I'm not sure if anyone makes an -AN adapter that big.

Shortening the lever is a great idea! I didn't like how touchy my pedal was.

Re: Re: Re: All y'all with dem LS's (Money hiders)

patooyee said:
If someone picks up one of the ones with the metal top I would like to know the size of that bigger fitting. I'm not sure if anyone makes an -AN adapter that big.

Shortening the lever is a great idea! I didn't like how touchy my pedal was.
Yes, it made a huge difference. When I was tuning with Wayne it was more evident. The faster and smoother the buggy was in the rough, the harder time I had keeping smooth throttle application. Once I shortened it, that problem went away. On the new build I intend to have a support for my pedal leg to have a more positive rest therefore even smoother acceleration in the rough.

Matt

patooyee said:
Honestly, I think with a properly setup up system you would be more likely to break all 4 axle shafts and both driveshafts before DBW failed so bad that you couldn't even limp off the trail.

Challenge accepted!

Good info keep it coming. That goat built tank is nice.

Re:

DBW or DBC depends on the Gen of the motor, correct. Gen 3 is c and Gen 4 is w. I have wire with in take dual walbro pumps set up by wayne.

Sorry to hijack this thread with a trans question, but didn't want to start a new thread for it. Picking up a 2013 5.3, I'm new to Chevy drivetrain a bit was wondering what recommendations I can get for a trans. Seems everyone has a preference...700, th400, th450?

That is a broad question. What are you going to be doing with it? What is it going in? What is your gear ratio? What t case are you running if any? Does it get driven on the road? Is it a trailer baby?

pholmann said:
That is a broad question. What are you going to be doing with it? What is it going in? What is your gear ratio? What t case are you running if any? Does it get driven on the road? Is it a trailer baby?

Should have been more specific. Toyota buggy, linked, tons, 40's, full hydro, no street driving. 5:38's, will be crawled and doing hill bombs. Thought about a 203/205 but don't know if a doubler is necessary with an auto.

Neal3000 said:
I vote 6L80e, 4l80e, or th400 in that order of preference. The 6l80e is a badass trans

Can I get a pass drop case for a 6L or 4L80? Atlas isn't in the budget right now.