• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

All y'all with dem LS's (Money hiders)

muddinmetal said:
They ain't got no gear, even with 5.38s you gotta have a healthy motor if ya wanta run them big tires :****:

Doesn't he he run rockwells?

Re: Re: All y'all with dem LS's (Money hiders)

patooyee said:
Doesn't he he run rockwells?
Yep. (Well the OP does)

Don't you have to run a gen 4 motor to run a 6l80 and get it all to work together happily

I'm OP I'm planing on keeping 4 speed because I'm cheap and like simplicity. I run rockwells. Future plans do include auto but I want to build it right the first time. I don't believe I'll have enough money for a complete drivetrain swap at this time unless a th400 and 205 pop up.

Mooretoyx4 is asking about tranny. Which I am very interested in hearing everyone's opions.

NTIDWELL said:
I swapped from dbc to dbw For better tuning and better throttle response Fuel pump I run aeromotive a1000 had very good luck out of mine been going for 7yrs now. Regulator I also went with aeromotive You can do push-lok fittings for fuel lines but do not get jegs brand ones I ran Russell brand fuel lines and they are badass jegs has em they just not in books or run braided lines. A lot people out there for wiring harness cutdown so you will have a very simple 3 wire hook up. Also your tuner can delete off all the bullshit you don't need such as egr/o2 sensors so on and so on. Mass air can be deleted off but that's a whole other subject It really is simple. **** if I can do it anyone can thumb.gif
You ever seen me work on a motor? Haha.

Re: Re: Re: All y'all with dem LS's (Money hiders)

TBItoy said:
Yep. (Well the OP does)

Don't you have to run a gen 4 motor to run a 6l80 and get it all to work together happily
I think some folks have gotten them standalone on pirate. What would be fun is a coyote 5.0 with a 6l80.

I'm waiting to be able to get some coyote motors. I just hate how proprietary ford is with their ECM control. Stingy bastards.

kmcminn said:
Auto for sure. So much easier on step hills. As hard as Eddies clutch pedal is to press my leg would be hurting after a day of riding.
You mean my "MAN PEDAL"?
It keeps the women and wee lads from driving my rig.

Re: Re: All y'all with dem LS's (Money hiders)

pholmann said:
I'm waiting to be able to get some coyote motors. I just hate how proprietary ford is with their ECM control. Stingy bastards.
To make them standalone? Liquid iron idustries raced with one.

I wish they would make a motor like the coyote 5.0 but bigger for n/a. Think racing a supercharged forged 5.0 would be fun.