• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Allis needs a face lift

Nuzzy

So, as stated in the Chatterbox, we recently picked up an older Allis Chalmers 912 Hydro. Since I can't leave well enough alone, and since the jeep is currently in a state of completion, here we go with a garden tractor build thread :redneck:

While I'm waiting for my new piston, rings, rod, and carb kit to show up, I figured I'd better give the rusty old snow plow some lovin'. After work I swung by Tractor Supply (oh how I love them!) and grabbed some primer and "Allis Chalmers Orange" rattle cans.

How it started

DSC09231Medium.jpg

I think only two or three bolts survived intact during my disassembly. The rest snapped from rust abuse :haha:

DSC09235Medium.jpg

Grabbed one of the big grinders from work to help speed things up.

DSC09237Medium.jpg

No this isn't a bad pic... It was THAT hazy :eeek: My lungs suck right now.

DSC09238Medium.jpg

Mmmmmmmm... Shiny...

DSC09240Medium.jpg

DSC09243Medium.jpg

After everything got primered and the grinding rust dust settled, I went to town painting.

DSC09250Medium.jpg

DSC09252Medium.jpg

Prolly did 4 or 5 coats. Would have been better if it was warmer in the garage, but hey, it's a fawking tractor :redneck:

I do have one big problem now though. I like how it turned out well enough that now I want to strip the tractor itself and paint the whole damn thing :D

Other things to come:

-Revamping fuel lines and electrical
-Fully cleaning/painting deck
-Possibly looking to upgrade alternator for...
-Eventually adding actuator(s) for power lifting implements
-Fabbing sleeve hitch for rear and various home brew implements like carryall and boom for rounds

:clappy::clappy:

:wtf: so I'm working on my rototiller this weekend. You guys want me to post a fawking thread about that?:haha:

:wtf: so I'm working on my rototiller this weekend. You guys want me to post a fawking thread about that?:haha:

Only if your rototiller has mogs. Otherwise, GTFO :fawkdancesmiley:

Seriously though, I'd like to see your rototiller. Can you dress it up in a naughty outfit and slut it around the back yard...?

Seriously though, I'd like to see your rototiller. Can you dress it up in a naughty outfit and slut it around the back yard...?[/QUOTE]

how bout if I ride my weed eater like a stick horse and paint it yellow?? (do I have to be nakid??mabe a new one for truth or daire??

hellz ya
i was going to start a thread about replacing toilets in house
:cheer:

And hey, maybe you fawkers should practice reading comprehension :fawkdancesmiley:

The Garage
This is for your buildups and prodjects. from the new guy to the old guy.

I'm just following rules :D

The allure of shiny was too great...

Bye bye decals

IMG00891-20091002-2042Medium.jpg

Took the whole hood to bare metal before primering.

IMG00902-20091003-0244Medium.jpg

Shoddy wiring has really become a pet peeve of mine. Thus, everybody out of the pool!! I'm redoing it all to be mo betta.

IMG00895-20091003-0139Medium.jpg

And sometime when I wasn't looking, the whole front end of the tractor fell apart :redneck:

IMG00903-20091003-0254Medium.jpg

Last edited: