• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Aluminum beadlocks

pplblazerdude

YESUMM
If this topic has been beat up let me know but I couldn't find anything. I have been considering going to a aluminum beadlock but whatever I get I want to last. I run 40 treps and prolly will stick to them honestly. What aluminum wheels has everyone had the best luck from? I have been looking at kmc wheels currently. They will need to be 8x170 as well

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No experience but method wheels are popular right now I still like the BTR wheel and I seen them on sale this month

I have ran several different aluminum beadlocks. I had good luck with KMC's and the are relatively cheap. The past few years I have ran Trailready's with zero problems. Never had a tire burp air and they are made in the USA. For my current build I just ordered some BTR's. They were on sale for $225 per wheeel plus shipping so I couldn't pass them up.

tubehead said:
I have ran several different aluminum beadlocks. I had good luck with KMC's and the are relatively cheap. The past few years I have ran Trailready's with zero problems. Never had a tire burp air and they are made in the USA. For my current build I just ordered some BRT's. They were on sale for $225 per wheeel plus shipping so I couldn't pass them up.
Where did you find them for $225? The no steel inserts kinda scares me on those wheels

Biggest thing is I wanna find the wheel people are having the least burping issue with. Also I want the toughest aluminum wheel possible

If you want the toughest wheel, Burkey is selling a set of forged raceline double beadlocks for $2k. More expensive than most common wheels but they are like $900 each for forged wheels new.

I've seen 40"Treps burp on Trailready's. Have not on racelines or kmc. My 43's don't burp at 3# on racelines whatever that's worth to ya

bgredjeep said:
If you want the toughest wheel, Burkey is selling a set of forged raceline double beadlocks for $2k. More expensive than most common wheels but they are like $900 each for forged wheels new.

Talked to him about those but they are 8x6.5 and I have 8x170

3 years racing on Trail Ready with no issues. No air loss or breakage and I've split a couple knuckles on trees at speed.

A guy on Facebook posted them up. BTR is doing a inventory reduction sale. The shop is King Off-road parts. 951-427-1897

quote author=pplblazerdude link=topic=56785.msg671960#msg671960 date=1502021301]
Where did you find them for $225? The no steel inserts kinda scares me on those wheels

Biggest thing is I wanna find the wheel people are having the least burping issue with. Also I want the toughest aluminum wheel possible

[/quote]