• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Aluminum vs Dom vs ? link bars

Cole said:
7075 is the only way to go on the lowers. Been running 2.25 lowers and 2" uppers since my buggy was built and haven't replaced one yet and I pretty much hit a wall at 20+ mph and didn't budge the link.

Here is what happens to 6061
cdb50fca.jpg

Cole, glad you posted those were 6061. I was thinking about selling the 2" 7075 lowers I have for a new build and getting 2.5" 7075 due to a few failures I have seen that I am now finding out to all be 6061. There is definatley a big difference in materials.

think its funny when people assume they know what their talking about and havnt even ask me about this. For the record they were 7075! anything can bend,break......if you drive it hard enough and under the rite conditions!! amazing??

did you source the material yourself? or through a shop? was it stamped or labeled?

i've known guys to have thought they bought 7075 and got 6061, this may not be your case but it does happen

ScottLemon said:
think its funny when people assume they know what their talking about and havnt even ask me about this. For the record they were 7075! anything can bend,break......if you drive it hard enough and under the rite conditions!! amazing??

Sorry Scott was just going by what I was told. Didn't mean to cause any hard feelings.

ScottLemon said:
What o.d was they and length

Hit up a few machine shops today and the cheapest I've been quoted on th 2.5" solid is $38 a foot is this normal price or good deal I've never bought any nor has any of my buddies have not talked to w.o.d. Yet gonna try to contact them tomorrow what's going rate per foot on 2.5" solid 7075

i've known guys to have thought they bought 7075 and got 6061, this may not be your case but it does happen
[/quote]

I think this is the case more than alot of people think.If you're getting them cheap they are more than likely 6061.there is about $275 difference in the materials alone, for 12 ft lengths

OH HELL YEA 7075 all the DAMN WAY,,,,6061 CAN :gtfo:

my rear links on the green & purple zuki are 7075,, 2 1/4 uppers & lowers,, big ole 1" hole heims,,, buncha damn red lok tite,,and 3 years of BEATINS with ZERO ISSUES loller.gif

You could put a top fuel moter in it,,, floorboard it at the entrance to LIONS DEN,,, and when the wreckage blows out the the exit side, you could pick up them links and build another rig around them.

;D

NTIDWELL said:
Hit up a few machine shops today and the cheapest I've been quoted on th 2.5" solid is $38 a foot is this normal price or good deal I've never bought any nor has any of my buddies have not talked to w.o.d. Yet gonna try to contact them tomorrow what's going rate per foot on 2.5" solid 7075

call rocky at wide open, when i got my 7075 the price was about $3 per inch

We keep 1.75 2 and 2.5 in stock. 2" 7075 Is the most common and runs as of today $24.50/ft at 12 ft length If we cut odd lengths price does vary. 6061 Will save you around $8/ft

Thanks,
Jimmy

EOR MFG said:
We keep 1.75 2 and 2.5 in stock. 2" 7075 Is the most common and runs as of today $24.50/ft at 12 ft length If we cut odd lengths price does vary. 6061 Will save you around $8/ft

Thanks,
Jimmy
Thank u sir I'll be contacting u Monday to get prices on all the sizes I need look forward to doing business with u and thanks for everything u and ur company does for our sport