• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

AMAZON USED ITEMS

rpf500

There was a thread on harnesses the other day and it reminded me of some PRP 5.3's I bought a few weeks ago on Amazon. I thought I would mention this so you guys might benefit from it. I was also talking about it to some guys at the Hardline ride and it seemed like everyone had noticed this, but never used it.

That said, when you are on Amazon sometimes items will have a comment "New from $xx" or "Used from $xx". If you click on that, it will bring up some more details about it. Sometimes, it's a fluke and there is shipping or other things that cause it to be more expensive. Most of the times I have looked though, it's legit. I had seen the USED in the past but never looked in to it. Then one day I decided to try it and figured worst case I would send the item back. That was when I bought the PRP harnesses. When they arrived, the box had been trashed somewhere along the lines and it was taped up with an Amazon sticker that said "INSPECTED". When I opened them they appeared to have never had the rubber bands taken off them. I finally found what was "used" about them. They both had the paint scratched off around the bolt hole areas. So for whatever reason someone returned them and along with the beat up box, they were deemed "USED" and I got a damn good deal on them for $72.03 each. There was absolutely nothing else wrong with them that I could find and not even 1 spec of dirt or anything, anywhere. Of course not all items would be something I want to have a scratch or something on, but in most cases on Jeep parts, I am for sure taking the deal. I got some rotors for my tow pig and a power steering pump for my YJ. I took a screen shot of the pump so you can see where the "USED" is that I am talking about. And Yes, I paid $25.00 and all I can find wrong is a hole in the box.

Hope this helps some of you guys out.

Attachments

• pump 3.png
    pump 3.png
    229.2 KB · Views: 129
  • pump 2.jpg
    pump 2.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 135
  • pump 1.jpg
    pump 1.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 125
Rotors. Small nicks on the hub area, but nothing on the braking surface.

Attachments

• rotor 1.jpg
    rotor 1.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 126
  • rotor 2.jpg
    rotor 2.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 673
Search warehouse deals on amazon as well. Same deal. Some "used", some damaged box, prime shipping. I've had good results for the items I've bought.

Just bought a set of rotors last night for a bit under half normal, listed as new with damaged original packaging...

I just Paid $172 for a Delphi fuel pump module for the wife's camaro, regular Amazon price was $280, this one was brand new in a slightly damaged box

I can't even list all the good deals I've found on Amazon "used' items. I've never had anything come in with any sort of defect that I cased even remotely about. The vast majority of the time it is just the box that is banged up.

I'd always wondered about the "USED" items and after reading this thread I decided to give it a shot. Initially I picked up a Mr. Gasket fuel pressure gauge from Advance Auto and knew it was junk as soon as I installed it, but it worked long enough to get my new system up and running. Then a couple screws fell out and it started leaking which screwed up the face of the gauge.

So I started looking around and saw an Auto Meter 2175 gauge on Amazon for $29.88 and figured it was worth a shot. The notes on the item even said the packaging was slightly damaged. I just got it in the mail and I'm not really sure what they determined was damaged, but I got it installed and it works great! Thanks for posting this thread...saved myself $20!

IMG_20160916_121945867_zps6qpojbwl.jpg

IMG_20160916_122031042_zpsoasbhhdl.jpg

IMG_20160916_122045748_zpsmfkckcda.jpg

Just got me a "damaged like new" powermaster starter for $90. I couldn't find nothing wrong with it either. Definitely good information in this thread.
da0301f09ba6ca4d2dc1fdf28149b653.jpg