• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

And perfect end too.... Whatever

Thegreasemonkey

So got a set of 35"s on my 96 chevy with NO lift today!! Then my trans took a ****, thankfully I got a spare that I'm swapping in tomorrow. I can go backwards just no foreword movement..... Boo. Pics will come tomorrow.:rb:

So got a set of 35"s on my 96 chevy with NO lift today!! Then my trans took a ****, thankfully I got a spare that I'm swapping in tomorrow. I can go backwards just no foreword movement..... Boo. Pics will come tomorrow.:rb:

That is what happened to the tranny in my Bronco a few years ago... just a clunk, then no forward go...

I drove home 8 miles in reverse :D

That is what happened to the tranny in my Bronco a few years ago... just a clunk, then no forward go...

I drove home 8 miles in reverse :D

What you should have done, was to take the rear end out, flip it over, reinstall it. Then voila! Transmission in reverse, but forward motion.
(of course it's not feasible to do on the side of the road....)

Got the spare trans in, haven't got the old one apart yet though. Driving around with pretty much no exhuast cus i haven't had the chance to weld the damn thing back together. Gonna rebuild the orig trans and stick it back in when I can afford GOOD parts and a big trans cooler. Took untill 1230 Sunday night to get it fixed took a hour to drive home, didn't get in bed till 0200 and had to leave for work at 0500... Just now starting to recover.