• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Another axle option for yotas.... Just for you Shane!!!! :)

tj40ounce

I would love to have Diamond Axles, but they aren't cheap @ $850 for a rear axle..........
http://www.diamondaxle.com/rear_nonsteering.htm

Trail Gear recently announced pricing on their new Rock Assault Housing. Pricing is very reasonable.
- Offset design increases ground clearance under axle tubes 3/8"
- Heavy duty axle tubes made from 1/4" DOM
- Fabricated center section with 3/4" increase in ground clearance
- Large bore inspection/fill hole

rah.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

Made in house (in Fresno, CA not Fresno, India) and individual parts are going to be available...
welder.jpg

2007-0580.jpg

fillcap-600.jpg

Chris Geiger said:
We will be offering completely welded housings and do-it-yourself parts.

Rock Assault Preliminary Pricing:

Fully welded, stock IFS length rear housing, $399
Fully welded, custom length rear housing, $499
Oversize fill/inspection cap installed, $50 additional

Axle Housing Parts:

6 piece, weld together, offset center section kit $125
Outer flange, offset, $45 each (2 required)
Housing tubes $45 each (2 required)
Oversize fill/inspection cap kit, $25

Axle housings are manufactured and tested on site, at Trail-Gear inc, so custom housings are no problem and can be made in just a few days. IFS length rear housings will be kept in stock for immediate shipping.

Front housings are currently in development.

On my wish list for sure. :redneck:

Cool...

I just bought diamonds. Wouldn't want to have to get Toybug to help me change out front diffs during a comp next season. I weighed out building my own, but to build the exact same quality of diff it'd be alot time and $.

3/8" tubes, 1/2" thick thirdmember flange and a bunch of other goodies. :awesomework: Brian at front range does alot of work to make the strongest housing he can. I'll post some pics of the internals of my new diffs once I go pick them up from my shipping place.

But if they had these for sale 3 weeks ago I would of been tempted to save some $. :awesomework:

I should be getting one of the first ones for my buggy. I'll let you know what I think of it.

Last edited:
That's interesting.

Kinda what I was thinking. It seems like there ought to be something wrong with it, but I can't think of anything. Obviously the seals and bearings are just as normal, and if anything it will help retain a little bit of oil at the bearings. Hmmm.